Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsOther - Diseases · 1 decade ago

My hand shakes involuntarily and I don't know why. I'm only 25. What should i do?

It doesn't shake that much but it gets worse when I get nervous. Is there any over the counter medicine I can take to prevent it from happening?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Dr. C
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

There are several causes of tremor. One common cause is essential tremor (ET). ET is generally benign, often starts at early adulthood, and mainly affects the arms/hands and occasionally the head. Most treatments require a prescription. However, occasionally ingesting a small amount of alcohol before meals or a social function may help control the tremors.

You should consult your doctor regarding your tremors. He/she may refer you to a neurologist, if necessary.

• N
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

If you drink a lot of caffeine that could make you jittery. If it's only when you're nervous it's probably anxiety related. It can't hurt to visit a doctor.

• 1 decade ago

it sounds like a neurological disorder, and that is defiantly a doc diagnosis. but first if you are on any meds go to your pharmacist and check possible side effects. it could be a drug that might be eliminated or changed.

Gina pharmacist

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Seek a doctor's advice.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.