Can a transwoman get a citizenship of America ?

Do America try to prevent transexuals to become American ?

I mean like doing something to make transwoman to

giveup ?

Favorite Answer

As a transperson living in Canada, I'd like to comment on the 'do they need to know' comments. In most cases, it's not something you can 'keep' from government bodies requesting forms to be filled out. They will want to know all names you have gone by. Depending on where you are in your transition, you may not be able to 'legally' declare the gender of choice and that makes things even more complicated.

I agree that if you might face persecution for your identity, you can seek asylum. Beyond that, I would think that you could still access citizenship in the US, but the names and gender on those documents/green card might not be true to how you are living. That is where the hard part lies.

You might be able to seek asylum if your petition is based on persecution because of your transgender.

• Amy H

There are loads of trans women in the USA.

No they are just human A.K.A -American

Y should they have to know?

do they have to know?