Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Catholics.. is it true that 'John Paul II' was responsible for selling cyanide to the nazis to kill the jews?

do a little research before answering.....

Update:

yes before he received that title of course.

Update 2:

@ǝɔnɐs ǝɯosǝʍɐ.. oh no.. my family is very loving and supportive, no need for drugs.. i hope its the same for you too.

Update 3:

his name was Karol Wojtyla, only God knows what he had to do with peter.

Update 4:

@Marysia.. im not from the US.. so your wrong... never mind, were human.

Update 5:

@Snow Globe.. try an come up with a neutral source, not a super pro catholic source.

Update 6:

i guess if you found out it was true (as you will if you look into it) you would have to dismiss it anyway.

18 Answers

Relevance
  • Mike K
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Hello,

For a time in WWII he worked for the Solvay Chemical factory. This factory made soda ash. The Solvay process, also referred to as the ammonia-soda process, is the major industrial process for the production of soda ash (sodium carbonate). The ammonia-soda process developed into its modern form by Ernest Solvay during the 1860s. The ingredients for this process are readily available and inexpensive: salt brine (from inland sources or from the sea) and limestone (from mines). The worldwide production of soda ash in 2005 has been estimated at 41.9 billion kilograms which is several kilograms for each person on earth. Solvay-based chemical plants now produce roughly three-fourths of this supply, with the remainder being mined from natural deposits.

Soda ash is used in many industrial processes, and its production is sometimes used as an indicator of economic health. The principal current uses include:[

Glass making: More than half the worldwide production of soda ash is used to make glass. Bottle and window glass (Soda-lime glass) is made by melting a mixture of sodium carbonate, calcium carbonate and silica sand (silicon dioxide (SiO2)).

Water treatment: Sodium carbonate is used to soften water (precipitates out Mg2+ and Ca2+ carbonates). This is used both industrially and domestically (in some washing powders).

Making soaps and detergents: Often sodium carbonate is used as a cheaper alternative to lye (sodium hydroxide (NaOH)).

Paper making: Sodium carbonate is used to make sodium bisulfite (NaHSO3) for the "sulfite" method of separating lignin from cellulose.

As a common base in many chemical factories because it is cheaper than NaOH and far safer to handle.

Making sodium bicarbonate: NaHCO3 is used in baking soda and fire extinguishers. Although NaHCO3 is produced in the Solvay process, heating it to remove the ammonia it is contaminated with decomposes some NaHCO3, so it is actually cheaper to react the finished Na2CO3 product with CO2.

Removing sulfur dioxide (SO2) from flue gases in power stations. This is becoming more common, especially where stations have to meet stringent emission controls.

The nazis used ZYKLON B to kill Jews or just truck exhaust:

Zyklon B was originally developed as a pesticide by Fritz Haber, a German Jew who emigrated in 1933. It was first produced in World War I by TASCH (Technischer Ausschuss für Schädlingsbekämpfung, or Technical Committee for Pest Control) as a delousing agent. Out of TASCH emerged DEGESCH (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Schädlingsbekämpfung mbH, or German Corporation for Pest Control), which played a key role in the manufacturing of Zyklon B in World War II. Many German companies had a stake in DEGESCH, but all eventually sold their shares to the chemical giant Degussa in the early 1920s. Degussa developed the process to manufacture Zyklon B in "crystals" (actually silicagel absorbent chunks), as it was used during World War II. To raise capital, Degussa split its controlling interest of DEGESCH with IG Farben in 1930: both companies held a 42.5% share in DEGESCH, with the remaining 15% held by the Th. Goldschmidt AG of Essen.

DEGESCH's role at this point was limited to acquiring patents and intellectual properties: it did not itself produce Zyklon B. The manufacture of Zyklon B was handled by the Dessauer Werke für Zucker and Chemische Werke, which acquired the stabilizer from IG Farben, the warning agent from Schering AG and the prussic acid from Dessauer Schlempe and assembled them into the final product. This company extracted prussic acid from the waste products of the sugar beet refining process. From 1943 to 1945, the Kaliwerken, from the Czech town of Kolin, also supplied prussic acid to the Dessauer Werke. When Zyklon B became used in the gas chambers, the Nazis ordered the warning agent removed.

Upon production, Zyklon B was sold by Degesch to Degussa. To cut costs, Degussa sold the marketing rights of Zyklon B to two intermediaries: the Heerdt and Linger GmbH (Heli) and Tesch and Stabenow (Tesch und Stabenow, Internationale Gesellschaft für Schädlingsbekämpfung m.b.H., or Testa) of Hamburg. Both suppliers split their territory along the Elbe river, with Heli handling the clients to the west and Testa doing the same in the east.

Zyklon B is still in production in the Czech Republic in the factory Draslovka Kolín a.s. in the city Kolín under the tradename Uragan D2, sold for eradicating insects and small animals.

Anyway are you trying to use the Pope as an analogy to the speculative film of Scorsese on the Last Temptation Of Christ where Jesus built crosses for the Roman's?

Cheers,

Michael

Source(s): Encyclopedias
    • Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

I am sure that if it was true then a reputable journalist or a thousand of them would pounce on the story.

However this undocumented claim has not been brought forward by any reputable sources.

Once again, anti-Catholics have waited until after a Catholic Pope has died to attempt to defame him.

Another example is Pope Pius XII:

In October 1958 in front of the at the United Nations General Assembly, Golda Meir, the Prime Minister of Israel, said of Pope Pius XII at his death :

''During the 10 years of Nazi terror, when our people went through the horrors of martyrdom, the Pope raised his voice to condemn the persecutors and commiserate with their victims.''

Some of the Jewish organizations that praised Pope Pius XII at the time of his death for saving Jewish lives during the horror of the Nazi Holocaust were:

+ The World Jewish Congress

+ The American Jewish Committee

+ The American Jewish Congress

+ The Anti-Defamation League

+ The Central Conference of American Rabbis

+ The National Conference of Christians and Jews

+ The National Council of Jewish Women.

+ The New York Board of Rabbis

+ The Rabbinical Council of America

+ The Synagogue Council of America

No serious scholar contests the evidence that Pius XII took direct and indirect measures to save Jews from the Nazi death machine.

At the start of World War II, Pope Pius XII’s first encyclical was so anti-Hitler that the Royal Air Force and the French air force dropped 88,000 copies of it over Germany. Here is a link to the Summi Pontificatus: Encyclical of Pope Pius XII on the Unity of Human Society, October 20, 1939: http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/pius_xii/encycli...

Unfortunately the Soviet Union and others had been trying to convince the world that the Catholic Church was pro-Nazi since the death of Pope Pius in 1958. Here are some sources:

+ The KGB made corrupting the Church a priority: http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=YTUzYmJhMGQ5Y...

+ The KGB campaign against Pius XII: http://www.the-tidings.com/2007/021607/difference....

+ Pius XII and the Jews: http://web.archive.org/web/20010919100700/http://w...

+ http://www.columbia.edu/cu/augustine/a/ww2jews.htm...

See also "The Myth of Hitler’s Pope: How Pope Pius XII Rescued Jews From the Nazis" by Rabbi David G. Dalin which has compiled further overwhelming proof of Pope Pius XII"s friendship for the Jews beginning long before he became pope.

"Only the Church stood squarely across the path of Hitler's campaign for suppressing truth. I never had any special interest in the Church before, but now I feel a great affection and admiration because the Church alone has had the courage and persistence to stand for intellectual truth and moral freedom. I am forced thus to confess that what I once despised I now praise unreservedly. "

- Albert Einstein, Time Magazine, December 23, 1940 http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,7...

With love in Christ.

• 1 decade ago

it depends on who you listen to - various individual blogs and anti Catholic websites....

if you'd like to offer a credible site - we'll go from there.

i'm going to assume you are rather young in age and know nothing about the reality of living outside the US and the history of the World Wars.

some details: 1939, Nazi occupation forces closed the Jagiellonian University. All able-bodied males had to have a job. From 1940 to 1944 Wojtyła variously worked as a messenger for a restaurant and a manual labourer in a limestone quarry, and then as a salesman for the Solvay chemical factory to avoid being deported to Germany.[9] His father died of a heart attack in 1941. B'nai B'rith and other authorities have said he helped Jews find refuge from the Nazis.

you must note -- in 1942 he already entered the underground seminary.

it was not know in the area what was happening in Osweicim. do you even understand that detainee's were being made to write their family and telling them to come - and they were coming on their own?!?!?!

you need to think before you speak.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes, he owned a cyanide factory in Poland. During the war he made millions out of it and used the profits after the war to arm the muslims states in the middle east after the Germans failed to do the job properly. As far as I understand there was a research company set up in Germany shortly after the yom kippur war to study the possible use of exploding skull caps. But sadly the pope passed away before the design was fianalised.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

OK, I did. This is a vicious slander spread by a known crackpot, Tony Alamo. Karel Wojtila (later John Paul II) was an ardent anti-Nazi during those times, and did some things that made me admire him even more. Read this article if you want to learn more. Some people will do anything to libel Catholics. (I am not one, by the way.)

http://framingbusiness.net/2005/john-paul-ii-and-t...

• False! JP 2 was too young, and in fact one of his best friend's was a jew. Why would he do such a thing? Sounds like an anti-catholic question.

• 1 decade ago

The unsubstantiated myth appears in the wrtitings of William Cooper

a nere do well nut case who was a big consipiracy theorist

UFO believer, 911 Truther, Kennedy conspiracy nut and a criminal

He was wanted for IRS fraud and tax evasion and ultimately killed

in a shoot out with police

NOT ONE - credible news scource ever made such a claim

Jesus was falsely accused as well.

• 1 decade ago

John Paul II did not even become pope until 1978..

Not sure how he could have, as John Paul II done something before that was even his name.

• Anna P
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

If "research" is one of those crackpot website, no thanks. 1--JP II was too young to have been in that kind of position, and was fighting Nazis, not helping them, and 2-it was Zyklon that was used to kill not cyanide.

• 3 years ago

Zyklon B Crystals

• I think I can safely ask you, "Are you on crack?"

Heheh, sorry. Just kinda a strange-ish question. I have no idea where that information even came from.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.