can i file the last 10 years online?

online irs site was no help

4 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    You can only eFile the current tax year on the official Free File site on You actually leave the site, but that's another story. If you have refunds coming, you can go back 3 years. For example, it's too late to do 2003, because, even if you filed 2 extensions [now one, long story] to have your taxes done by October 15, 2004, 10-15-07 has already come and gone.

    If you have not filed, do so right away. If you haven't been receiving increasingly threatening notices from the Internal Revenue Service, it's because they do not know your mailing address. Hopefully, you do not owe. Good luck catching up and plan ahead so your income tax liability will not be as severe in subsequent years.

    Source(s): 14 years of income tax expertise. Took the enrolled agent test and became an enrolled agent once.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    Nope. You can only file for the current year electronically. You must paper file previous years.

  • 1 decade ago


  • 1 decade ago


Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.