Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

阿惠 asked in 社會與文化語言 · 1 decade ago

英文高手中的高手,請問幾個問題

One international carrier took in $75.000 last year, which it donated to charities.

請問it 怎麼會在這裡?真的看不懂

Dr. Mr. Golden:

Mr. Fox, our present, passed on your letter to him requesting information regarding our new products and wanted me to reply. I'm happy to comply.

請問passed on your letter to him 到底是什麼意思?為何要把信件轉給自己,真的很困惑

You may find our new product, particularly our ABC printer, of interest.

in interest是什麼意思?

在一張留言告知單裡,秘書人員將 called to see you這一項目打勾,但此留言告知單裡的項目,尚有:telephoned, please call, returned you call…等項目,不解的是called to see you與telephoned,差別在哪?

感恩

3 Answers

Rating
  • Jen
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

樓上yichun說的比較正確...

One international carrier took in $75.000 last year, which it donated to charities.

請問it 怎麼會在這裡?真的看不懂

it 是代表 international carrier...which 是代表$75000. 他的意思是說, 去年一個國際運輸(公司)收到$75000, 它(指公司)捐給公益團體.

Dr. Mr. Golden:

Mr. Fox, our present, passed on your letter to him requesting information regarding our new products and wanted me to reply. I'm happy to comply.

請問passed on your letter to him 到底是什麼意思?為何要把信件轉給自己,真的很困惑

這封信是給 Mr. Golden...有一些typo...應該是 Dear Mr. Golden...

這裡him是指 Mr. Fox...present 應該是 President...意思是說, 親愛的Golden先生, 我們的總裁 Fox先生比你給他的要求我們新產品的信給我, 並且要我給您回覆. 我非常高興的能幫您答覆.

You may find our new product, particularly our ABC printer, of interest.

in interest是什麼意思?

這裡是有點"有興趣"的意思.....意思口語一點就是, 您可能會對我們的新產品有興趣, 尤其是我們的 ABC影印機.

在一張留言告知單裡,秘書人員將 called to see you這一項目打勾,但此留言告知單裡的項目,尚有:telephoned, please call, returned you call…等項目,不解的是called to see you與telephoned,差別在哪?

每個公司用法會不同, 他的意思應該是, 打電話跟你約時間見面. Telephoned 表示已經電話通知. Please call 是請回電. Returned your call是以回覆電話.

2008-02-02 05:40:37 補充:

打太快...不是"比你給", 是"將你給".

2008-02-04 13:46:13 補充:

這可能要看前後文了...有一點怪怪的...先不管our present... Mr. Fox passed on (to me) your letter (that was sent) to him.

• 1 decade ago

我有不同的見解。

這邊的 it 指的應該是 "One international carrier". Which 才是指$75.00。

因為如果 it 指的是錢,那他的動詞就應該是 was donated -> 被捐到慈善機構。

of interest 他應該是要說,你可能會對他們的新產品有興趣。

如果我沒有看錯的話,寫這封信的人英文也不是很好。應為很多地方怪怪的。

Called to see you 是指他打電話跟你約

telephoned 是他打電話給你過了,可能指的是已經在電話裡把事情講完了。

• 1 decade ago

1. it 表示之前的 $75.000

2. passed on your letter to him

這句的意思大大沒翻錯

但"him"並不是指Mr. Fox吧...應該指的是別人

大大有完整的通信內容嗎?

3. 你可以發現我們產品的重要性, 特別是ABC 印表機

interest 在這裡指的是重要性

4. telephoned 表示某人來過電話

called to see you 表示打電話來要跟你約時間碰面

2008-02-01 23:27:20 補充:

補充一下

後來我想了一下

回信的人應該是要打

passed on your letter to "me" requesting information regarding our new products and wanted me to reply. I'm happy to comply.

把信轉給了回信的人並且要回信的那位去follow, 這樣邏輯上才對哩

你要不要去問看看...

Source(s): 自己
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.