Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

Question about USAA insurance?

Someone vandalized my car, and busted the drivers side mirror out, I called and reported it to my insurance company (USAA) and I have a deductible of $1000, but the damage to my car is only $300. Do I still have to pay the deductible even though the damage to the car is less than the deductible??

Thanks in advance all!!

2 Answers

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

    The deductible means you have to pay up to $1000 and then they pay the rest. So basically you will have to pay for all your repairs. However, still report it to USAA. I believe (I could be wrong - better call them) that once you provide "proof" of paying the $300 or however else much it costs to fix your car, your deductible is then $700 for any future incidents that occur. But like I said, definitely call them. We've used USAA for 6 years for auto and property insurance and have never ever had a problem! They have awesome customer service!

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    if the damage is 300, then you pay for the damage. If it were 1500 in damage, you would pay the 1000.00 and they would cover the rest.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.