LaLa asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 decade ago

spanish white rice?( 4 spanish people )?

like the white rice you would order as a side in a spanish restaruant....itz white rice not colored or has nething in it...just plain spanish white rice like in a restaruant

i wanna know how to make it

i think itz made bye stiring the rice in hot oil until brown and then add chicken broth or somthing and let it boil down but im not too sure ? do u kno if u put onions when browning the rice?

Favorite Answer

Plain white? hmmm Just use Arborio rice (this is a small or medium grain rice that looks thicker than your general long grain). Cook it according to directions

• tarr

Spanish White Rice

Heres how I make it... Always use Goya Rice, medium grain. If you make 4 cups of rice you need 4 1/2 of water. Make sure you rinse rice with cold water first right before you boil. In your caldero put the 4 1/2 cups of water, a little bit of oil and salt and bring it to a boil. Add the rinsed rise and stir it all to the middle... somewhat. Put the cover on and reduce heat to 2 notches before medium. Let it cook for about 20 minutes without touching it!!! Key is to not lift cover. 20 minutes later again stir it to the center and cover for another 15 minutes. Your rice will be ready. If you use more rice add more time. Good luck it takes practice.

you asked 4 plain white rice not colored... i dont get it

It is as simple as boiling water, salt, oil and rice. The way I make mine is by using the same amount of water for the amount of rice that I am making. There are options in the process, it all depends on the rush you have. I use white long grain rice, any brand is good as long as it is white rice. If I am in a rush I put all the ingredients in the pot, preferably an aluminum 'caldero', at the same time, and turn on the stove. When it stars to boil y mix the rice and let it cook until the water comes to the same level as the rice. At this moment I stir it again, reduce the heat to medium and cover it. After around 10 to 15 minutes y mix the rice again and lower the heat lo low, cover it and let it sit covered for 10 more minutes. after that just mix it, turn the heat off and serve it.

Here is how I make it...

I rinse the rice (Canilla rice) with water... mean while I have a pot or deep pan with hot oil than I add the rice to hot oil and add salt . I stir and wait til it gets golden or off white it has a toasted look to it.. once I golden it or toasted I add water depending on how many cups, is always if 2 cups rice then add 2 cups water and 1/2 a cup extra if 3 cups rice add 3 1/2 water.. after you added the water add a little more salt to it you can taste the water and see if is the right amount of salt...close with lid and let it cook for about 20 minutes... once is done you can mix it stir it and add what ever you want cane corn cane peas and mix in to rice... and you are done...

Well you boil some water with a quarter cup of oil and a little mountain of salt. It depends how many people is eating too. But you let that come to a boil then add the rice making sure that is leveled with the water so if you can see the rice right under the water then it is too much water in it....take some out until you see the rice.

What you do is you get heat oil in a pan, add chopped onion, and a chopped clove of garlic ( i also use green bell pepper) then add your uncooked rice and brown it (with the onion and garlic) a bit. Then you lower the temp, add your water so it just covers the rice and cook for about 15 mins (maybe up to 5 more) i like to add a couple of chopped roma tomatos, and a cube (per 1 cup of rice) of chicken boulion when I add my water but you can add whatever you had at the restaurant. I might add a little garlic salt but the boulion gives it enough flavor. Also, you might nix the tomatos since you want it "white" I hope you try it and like it! Sorry I don't have measurements I do everything by sight. :)

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): spanish white rice 4 spanish people: https://tr.im/0AC2r

Spanish White rice you could fry the rice with onions or garlic but don't put it in right away wait a few and don't over cook the rice for spanish white rice.

I always make white rice like Jasmine does

Water, salt and oil, bring to boil, add rice, lower the temperature, stir just a little, then put the lid on and don't touch it for about 15 or 20 minutes.

Source(s): Latin girls cook the best!

2 tablespoons vegetable oil

3 cups water

1 teaspoon salt

2 cups uncooked long grain, rinsed

Heat oil in saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir in water and salt. Bring to a heavy boil. Add rice, and cook until the water has just about cooked out; stir. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover, and cook for 20 to 25 minutes. Stir again, and serve. Rice may be a little sticky and may stick to bottom of pot.

You can add a little minced garlic or substitute 1 cup water for chicken stock.

I hope this helps!!