Does anyone else have telephonophobia?

I recently discovered that my phobia is a real phobia! I dread calling people I do not know very very well-- which makes my job very difficult (being a legal assistant and often asked to make phone calls). I dread answering phone calls on my cell phone from numbers I do not know, even numbers I do know sometimes!... show more I recently discovered that my phobia is a real phobia! I dread calling people I do not know very very well-- which makes my job very difficult (being a legal assistant and often asked to make phone calls). I dread answering phone calls on my cell phone from numbers I do not know, even numbers I do know sometimes! I dread answering my voicemail and have left a message stating that I will not check my voicemail. I haven't in months! I even dread having to order pizza and always have to beg my boyfriend or one of our roommates to do it! When I do make these calls, I get so nervous I can barely talk and all the wrong words come out! I just want to know that I am not alone!
8 answers 8