Have you received an email from the Internal Revenue Service offering a quick refund?

If you receive an email from the Internal Revenue Service offering a quick refund, it's probably a scam.

A few people are getting the messages, with a link asking for your bank account and Social Security number.

IRS-Indianapolis spokesman Jack Massey says the IRS would NOT solicit someone over e-mail - the IRS uses regular mail.

Furthermore, the IRS already has your Social Security number.

But, Massey says because the emails do look very real, complete with the IRS logo, it's easy to get fooled.

Best Answer

No, I haven't gotten phony IRS e-mails (or any IRS emails), in any of my accounts. I did hear about this on the news this morning. Predators are always around.... :(

Source(s): IRS Warns of New E-Mail and Telephone Scams Using the IRS Name; Advance Payment Scams Starting http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=178061,0...

I am not easily fooled. Any mail from the IRS is offically deleted. If they want me, they know where they can find me. I also delete without opening any bank or saving institution emails. As a matter of habit, I delete about 95% of all emails without opening. And I use my company computer, because of the top of the line antivirus and antispam software along with firewall protection that is bullet proof. LOL

Well, you are getting a refund of the taxes that you overpaid to the government. Or, as I like to say you gave Uncle Sam an interest-free loan of your own money.

• awftx

Stop and Think, WHY would the IRS need you to give them your SSN ??? That in it's self should be a red flag....

The other red flag should be the IRS, offering to do "anything" quick...

Great information to pass along! I have not received this yet, but I will be careful. I think I will pass this information on to some friends. Thank you!

Yes -- I have received such emails and immediately blocked and deleted them.

I'm sure many people are being "scammed" by these emails.

Sad but true!!!

Thank You for sharing this.

• CJ

There was a stern warnng about this abuse on the CBS news last night - I just hope that no body believed it to be the real thing!!!!!!!!!!! ARRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrghh!!! CJ

Yup, it's a scam.

There's simple logic to figuring it out.

WHO EVER HEARD OF THE IRS OFFERING TO GIVE BACK MONEY??????????????

I wouldn't give my personal info to anyone on the computer.

Always check these things with this website.

Source(s): www.snopes.com