I really need some money like yesterday, so How should I go about doing my taxes for a fast return?

Ok, Going though some rough times, and it is just a blessing that it is around tax season. My boyfriend lost his job and I only make enough to pay rent, anyways.... We need money from our taxes ASAP. I have always done them myself in the past, online with e-file. But I was wondering about some of the Tax services like H & R Block and Jackson Hewitt. I know that they do instant cash and things like that but is it worth it? We will be getting a child tax credit and getting quite a bit back. Should I just go to one of these places and do it or just online with direct deposit? I don't want them to charge me alot but need the money. Any suggestions or advice? We have a toddler and bills that are due. But I still don't want to get ripped off!

Favorite Answer

DO NOT GET A REFUND ANTICIPATION LOAN!!! The fees are outrageous! Do it online TODAY with direct deposit. I would guess you would have your refund within 7-10 days.

Also: consider changing your withholding so you don't get a big refund next year.

• Judy

If you do online with direct deposit you should have your refund in 2 weeks or maybe a little less. The tax prep places would give you a loan, but it would really cost a lot (they won't exactly tell you that) so you are ahead to just wait the two weeks and get ALL of your money rather than paying a lot of it to them.

Good luck.

the ral (refund anticipation loans) have high intrest rates, and fees. you can do it yourself on irs.gov, free file and you can have it direct deposited in 8-15 days...if you can hold on that long. Dont give anyone else your money! hope this helps

• cryer

The unfastened version of TurboTax is for federal submitting. that is for user-friendly returns, no clinical expenditures, inventory trades, donations, and so on. it will be frequently copying from what's on your W-2.