I really need some money like yesterday, so How should I go about doing my taxes for a fast return?

Ok, Going though some rough times, and it is just a blessing that it is around tax season. My boyfriend lost his job and I only make enough to pay rent, anyways.... We need money from our taxes ASAP. I have always done them myself in the past, online with e-file. But I was wondering about some of the Tax services like H & R Block and Jackson Hewitt. I know that they do instant cash and things like that but is it worth it? We will be getting a child tax credit and getting quite a bit back. Should I just go to one of these places and do it or just online with direct deposit? I don't want them to charge me alot but need the money. Any suggestions or advice? We have a toddler and bills that are due. But I still don't want to get ripped off!

4 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    DO NOT GET A REFUND ANTICIPATION LOAN!!! The fees are outrageous! Do it online TODAY with direct deposit. I would guess you would have your refund within 7-10 days.

    Also: consider changing your withholding so you don't get a big refund next year.

  • Judy
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

    If you do online with direct deposit you should have your refund in 2 weeks or maybe a little less. The tax prep places would give you a loan, but it would really cost a lot (they won't exactly tell you that) so you are ahead to just wait the two weeks and get ALL of your money rather than paying a lot of it to them.

    Good luck.

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    the ral (refund anticipation loans) have high intrest rates, and fees. you can do it yourself on irs.gov, free file and you can have it direct deposited in 8-15 days...if you can hold on that long. Dont give anyone else your money! hope this helps

  • cryer
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

    The unfastened version of TurboTax is for federal submitting. that is for user-friendly returns, no clinical expenditures, inventory trades, donations, and so on. it will be frequently copying from what's on your W-2.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.