Guys and Girls...what do you thinks?

GOD LIVES UNDER THE BED

I envy Kevin. My brother Kevin thinks God lives under his bed. At least that's what I heard him say one night.

He was praying out loud in his dark bedroom, and I stopped to listen, "Are you there, God?" he said. "Where are you? Oh, I see. Under the bed..."

I giggled softly and tiptoed off to my own room. Kevin's unique perspectives are often a source of amusement. But that night something else lingered long after the humor. I realized for the first time the very different world Kevin lives in.

He was born 30 years ago, mentally disabled as a result of difficulties during labor. Apart from his size (he's 6-foot-2), there are few ways in which he is an adult.

He reasons and communicates with the capabilities of a 7-year-old, and he always will. He will probably always believe that God lives under his bed, that Santa Claus is the one who fills the space under our tree every Christmas and that airplanes stay up in the sky because angels carry them.

I remember wondering if Kevin realizes he is different. Is he ever dissatisfied with his monotonous life?

Up before dawn each day, off to work at a workshop for the disabled, home to walk our cocker spaniel, return to eat his favorite macaroni-and-cheese for dinner, a nd later to bed.

The only variation in the entire scheme is laundry, when he hovers excitedly over the washing machine like a mother with her newborn child.

He does not seem dissatisfied.

He lopes out to the bus every morning at 7:05, eager for a day of simple work.

He wrings his hands excitedly while the water boils on the stove before dinner, and he stays up late twice a week to gather our dirty laundry for his next day's laundry chores.

And Saturdays-oh, the bliss of Saturdays! That's the day my Dad t! akes Ke vin to the airport to hav e a soft drink, watch the planes land, and speculate loudly on the destination of each passenger inside. "That one's goin' to Chi-car-go!" Kevin shouts as he claps his hands.

His anticipation is so great he can hardly sleep on Friday nights.

And so goes his world of daily rituals and weekend field trips.

He doesn't know what it means to be discontent.

His life is simple.

He will never know the entanglements of wealth of power, and he does not care what brand of clothing he wears or what kind of food he eats. His needs have always been met, and he never worries that one day they may not be.

His hands are diligent. Kevin is never so happy as when he is working. When he unloads the dishwasher or vacuums the carpet, his heart is completely in it.

He does not shrink from a job when it is begun, and he does not leave a job until it is finished. But when his tasks are done, Kevin knows how to relax.

He is not obsessed with his work or the work of others. His heart is pure.

He still believes everyone tells the truth, promises must be kept, and when you are wrong, you apologize instead of argue.

Free from pride and unconcerned with appearances, Kevin is not afraid to cry when he is hurt, angry or sorry. He is always transparent, always sincere. And he trusts God.

Not confined by intellectual reasoning, when he comes to Christ, he comes as a child. Kevin seems to know God - to really be friends ! with Hi m in a way that is difficult for an "educated" person to grasp. God seems like his closest companion.

In my moments of doubt and frustrations with my Christianity I envy the security Kevin has in his simple faith.

It is then that I am most willing to admit that he has some divine knowledge that rises above my mortal questions

It is then I realize that perhaps he is not the one with the handicap . I am. My obligations, my fear, my pride, my circumstances - they all become disabilities when I do not trust them to God's care

Who knows if Kevin comprehends things I can never learn? After all, he has spent his whole life in that kind of innocence, praying after dark and soaking up the goodness and love of God.

And one day, when the mysteries of heaven are opened, and we are all amazed at how close God really is to our hearts, I'll realize that God heard the simple prayers of a boy who believed that God lived under his bed.

Kevin won't be surprised at all!

When you receive this, say a prayer. That's all yo! u have to do. There is nothing attached. This is powerful.

Just send this to four people and do not break this, please. Prayer is one of the best free gifts we receive. There is no cost, but a lot of rewards.

FRI! ENDS AR E ANGELS WHO LIFT US TO OUR FEET WHEN OUR WINGS HAVE TROUBLE REMEMBERING HOW TO FLY

Adaptation By Roberth WM

Favorite Answer

It's beautiful, I like it: This will preach! :)

"Free from pride and unconcerned with appearances, Kevin is not afraid to cry when he is hurt, angry or sorry. He is always transparent, always sincere. And he trusts God.

Not confined by intellectual reasoning, when he comes to Christ, he comes as a child. Kevin seems to know God - to really be friends ! with Hi m in a way that is difficult for an "educated" person to grasp. God seems like his closest companion."

• Ewa

1. Bimbos are usually extremely insecure because they only want sex. It's true. I like an intelligent girl who's down to earth. 2. Same with party girls. I can understand going to parties and having fun. I can't understand getting completely wasted and making out with a ton of people. I'd go to parties, but I'd know the limits. Usually, party girls don't. 3. That's a personal thing. Guys like different things. I like thinner girls, but if you have a good personality, looks don't matter. Really. 4. My biggest pet peeve is when they try to play their little mind games instead of being straight forward, and then getting mad at guys for not getting it. Us men are literal creatures, which means if women are more straightforward, it will make everything a lot better. That's a promise. 5. Depends on guys. Real men like women who aren't insecure and who have a good personality. Others only look for girls who will let those guys sleep with them. 6. Honestly, just do it somewhat privately, in person, and with courage. If the guy likes you back, that seals the deal. 7. As calm as we may sound, if your friends are talking bad about us, just to make us look bad, we really hate that. Especially when we did nothing wrong. Your feelings are important, but we don't want to be put in a situation where your friends will hate us no matter what. 8. It's not true. Some men do, but those are the ones I warn people to stay away from. 9. I like a girl who isn't insecure, but not bitter. I like an intelligent individual who looks somewhat good, but can make even a boring time entertaining. 10. I don't know, the last girl I met like that got stolen from me, so whatever. I guess I'm still waiting.

a nice story..can I give you a poem ,brother?

Could love for ever ,

run like a river

And time's endeavour

Be tried in vain

no other pleasure

with this could measure

and like a treasure

We'd hug the chain

but since our singing

Ends not in dying

And form'd for flying

Love plumes his wing

then for this reason

Let's love a reason

But let the season be only spring

God touch our heart with everything

WR Hk-Disk 1 Febuari 2008

Kevin sounds like a typical Christian to me.

Why is it assumed he knows a lot about god when he thinks airplanes are held up by angels? That would make me very suspicious of the depth of his knowledge.

• Green

I read it all. I was not in the least bit inspired and I do not envy Kevin. I am glad that he is happy, but do not think that he has all of the answers..

• QUEENY

I am not a "chain letter" believers, but I envy Kevin and his believe! God bless!

• arek

God do not take any places

but God must watch on what we live

in every single breath

every moment laugh and sad

That's all very sweet but none of it actually implies or proves that god exists.

I have a severely autistic non-verbal step-son and he is deliriously happy without the notion of god.

Source(s): * no religious belief implied

How did you fit that much in a question?

But great. Just great. That is very inspiring. Star.

the pure of heart will see GOD the bible prays answer i am praying the rest of the world can be like yur brother luv dad.