What does the term "the great equalizer mean?"?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Doc
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It generally refers to Death. No matter how rich or poor, happy or sorrowful, long or short our lives are--in the end, Death takes us all.

• oki
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Definition Of Equalizer

• salaam
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Equalizer Definition

• 4 years ago

With the stock market hitting the skids today... it brings up a lot of questions doesn't it. We have many conditions today that mirror that of 1929. Deflation in asset and commodity prices, dramatic drops in demand and credit, and disruption of trade are conditions that exist today and are what also contributed to the stock market crash. Debt was a huge factor in the 1920's. Much like we see today, Americans are in so deep... the real-estate/foreclosure crisis has not only burst the housing bubble, it is affecting banks, and all business involved in this huge market. And you are right, debt wasn't even one tenth of what it is today - so just imaging the economic ramifications! My great grandfather owned a grocery store during the depression. My grandfather still talks about it ... and he is saying that our economy and current envirionment is very similar to those days. I don't know what we will do. I believe that its not a certainty, but a possibility at the very least. I don't want to be one of those people who hordes food and keeps my money under the mattress... but it may come to that. I pray it doesn't.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

An item or entity that is common to all mankind, is a shared experience by all, regardless of other trappings like wealth, education, looks, or breeding. It can be said that a port-o-potty is a great equalizer in that most everyone is forced to use one at some point in their lives. :)

• 1 decade ago

No matter how rich or poor you are, the great equalizer makes everyone equal. (May be said of sex, for instance.)

• 4 years ago

It refers to the gun in that a armed woman is equal to any man.

• 3 years ago

Pooping is the great equalizer. A dog does it, a slave does it, I do it, my mom does it, even Queen Elizabeth II does it.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It is another term for balancing something.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.