Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CareInjuries · 1 decade ago

Help!!! Ankle!!!?

O.k. so I hurt my ankle a little bit by pushing off a wall (while swimming) wrong. That made it hurt a little bit, but not much.

Then, I was putting on a shoe, and I didn't untie it, so I was trying to just put it on. What happened was the shoe fell over, and the outside of my ankle hit the floor really hard. So, right after that I went to the nurse, and she iced it. Then it was alright, but it hurt a whole heck of a lot. I went to practice (swimming) witch made it hurt a lot. Then a couple people in my lit class kicked me for "fun", and made it hurt a lot more. Then tonight, I had practice, and I can't kick anymore, and I pushed off the wall really hard, with my right foot (the one that is injured), and I felt it pop. So after that I could barely stand my ankle being bent or straitened more than 45 degrees. Now I can barely walk. I am going to the school nurse first thing in the morning (because I have gym). So please help. What can I do?

Other that go to the doctor. Because depending on what the nurse says I will, or will not go. Thank you for all answers!!!

plz help plz please, please!!! I need help! I don't know what else to do!!!

I'm am a thirteen-year-old girl.

Favorite Answer

OK, first things first...

You don't say how old you are, but when your young, bones are much easier to damage because they are still growing, and therefore softer.

The fact that you have sustained multiple injuries means that your ankle is quite traumatised and needs support and care until you get it checked by a doctor.

Try this until you see the nurse...

Rest, (Stay on your bed if you can)

Ice,

Compression, (an elastic bandage to give it support, or an ankle support)

Elevation, (put your ankle up on a pillow)

If you take the first letter of each of those suggestions, they spell RICE, which is the standard first aid for sprains and strains.

Take Paracetamol if need be, according to the directions on the pack. (Or whatever pain medication works best for you)

If it gets worse, or swells badly, or if you still feel worried, see the school nurse or a doctor ASAP.

Good luck.

Source(s): 25+ years in health care.