promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Z asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

What is NYU like?

I'm wondering what it's like, how the classes are, etc.

Help?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

New York University (NYU) is a private, nonsectarian, coeducational research university in New York City. NYU's main campus is situated in the Greenwich Village section of Manhattan. Founded in 1831, NYU is the largest private, non-profit institution of higher education in the United States, with an enrollment of more than 40,000.

New York University is comprised of 15 colleges, schools, and divisions. The College of Arts and Science was the first and only school when NYU was founded. In addition to CAS, the undergraduate schools include: the Gallatin School of Individualized Study; the School of Social Work; the Steinhardt School of Culture, Education and Human Development - the first school of education in the United States; the Stern School of Business; and Tisch School of the Arts. A number of these schools also offer graduate and professional programs.

NYU has over 350 student clubs and organizations on campus. Apart from the sports teams, fraternities, sororities, and clubs that focus on fields of study, other organizations on campus focus on entertainment, arts, and culture. These organizations include various print media clubs: for instance, the daily newspaper the Washington Square News, comedy magazine The Plague, and the literary journals Washington Square Review and The Minetta Review, as well as student-run event producers such as the NYU Program Board and the Inter-Residence Hall Council.

hope that helps~

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

Yes, NYU is located in the Village. Right by Washington Square Park.

• 1 decade ago

SURVEY SAYS:....

New York University

Private university with fourteen schools and colleges, and occupies six ... NYU Libraries. Office of the Senior. Vice Provost for. Research. Research Support ...

www.nyu.edu - 29k - Cached

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I'm betting there's a whole buncha uglies over there. I'd rather go to Arizona State instead. Oh yeah...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

a wonder land its really nice.

• Eric
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

is NYU new york university? sorry for being so dumb

• 1 decade ago

like any place else!! you get out of it what you put into it!!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

shouldn't this be in higher education section anyway i don't know

• 1 decade ago

i dont know and will never know.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.