Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 1 decade ago

If I leave yogurt out overnight, can I eat it the next day? What about milk?

How long can they be left out without going bad? As long as they taste/smell fine, aren't they ok to consume? I think people tend to overestimate this kind of thing.

14 Answers

Relevance
  • OE
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Just guessing but I suspect that you are talking about commercial yogurt in the paper/plastic cups. If that is the case, it is not save to leave any food that requires refrigeration out overnight. On the other hand home made yogurt will not develop in the refrigerator and must be left out at moderate temperatures.

• Login to reply the answers
  • lantey
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Greek Yogurt Left Out Overnight

• RSJ
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

A couple of dollars? Why risk it? I'd toss both. I know yogurt is good for 3-4 hours at room temp. I bring a yogurt just about everyday to work and it sits on my desk for about that long sometimes.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

if you leave it overnight it shouldnt be a problem unless the milk and the yoghurt was old to begin with. Sometimes when I do grocery shopping I forget to put the milk in the fridge but remember to do so in the morning. as long as it doesnt smell or have weird texture it shouldnt be a problem.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

you are correct and are right about people going to the extremes

You can drink the lumpy curdled milk if you like. IT is just a matter of your taske ??? think buttermilk..

if you drain or squeeze the whey out you got the start of your cheese.

http://biology.clc.uc.edu/fankhauser/Cheese/Cheese...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

NO THAT'S like like leaving milk out for a day then drinking it, THAT WOULD BE SO BAD!!!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

k,think about all the bacteria u r putting into ur body & if it says 2 refrigerate there's a reason why

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

by out do you mean out of the fridge well i would not as i would throw it as should the elderly the young and of course pregnant women as listeria is prevalent in dairy products as well as pate so if in doubt throw it out

• 1 decade ago

no neither one that's nasty and they spoil so don't do it unless you want to be unleashing a dragon on the toilet.

• 1 decade ago

no one will stop you....it wont taste very good though

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.