Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsSTDs · 1 decade ago

i was just informed on something please help..?

ok.....my boyfriend called me and told me his sister was just diagnosed with hepititis C and now he is getting tested...why would he need to get tested? and if he has it will he die...and he said if he has it than i might also... i am 40 weeks pregnant what should i do???? and can i still kiss him safely?

• Favorite Answer

aaaahhhhh, tell your obgyn, so that your baby won't get hurt, duh!

Source(s): mother of 2

Unless your boyfriend shared needles with his sister, he should have no reason to be tested- although it might put your mind at ease. The only other possibility is if your boyfriend's mother had it when she gave birth to both of the children. It CAN be transmitted sexually. Hep C effects the liver, and is a slow killer. There are different stages of Hep C, with the final stage being Cirrhosis, and a last resort being a liver transplant. And yes, you can kiss him safely. Try not to worry too much, you are pregnant and don't need the stress. Why don't you go with your boyfriend when he gets tested and talk to the Dr together. Take care!

Some people on here answer questions when they have no idea what they are talking about. Hep C is spread from BLOOD TO BLOOD CONTACT ONLY. It is ABSOLUTELY NOT passed from bodily fluids including sweat, semen, saliva, tears, vaginal secretions, etc., etc. You can ONLY contract Hep C if you come in DIRECT contact with an infected person's BLOOD. My mom got Hep C from a blood transfusion in the 1960's and I got it from her when I was born. I have done extensive research about Hepatitis C and have spoken to MANY specialists about the disease. Both my mom and I know the risks of passing Hep C to others. NONE of our family members have gotten Hep C from us. You know why? Because we are careful with our BLOOD. And to the above poster who said Hep C is transmitted sexually: Hepatitis C can ONLY be transmitted sexually if BLOOD is involved. It is NOT an STD. My mom has been married to my dad for 35 years and he hasn't contracted it and I have been with my husband for almost 6 years and he doesn't have it either because it is only transmitted through BLOOD. You can feel free to look through my other questions because most of the ones I answer are about Hepatitis C. Also, if you would like any additional information about Hep C, feel free to email me. Good luck.

Source(s): springrose0920@yahoo.com

Hep C is transmitted through blood and body fluids, he is probably getting checked for peace of mind. On your next doc appointment for the baby definitely let the doctor know what is going on so he can test you and possibly the baby also. Chances are neither of you have it but for peace of mind get it checked out.

You will need to be tested also. Call your Dr set up an appointment.

• Jay

www.allabouthepatitusc.com

Go to the above site and get all the information you asked for. Too important to not get it from a good sourcel

Sometimes it's not a good idea to ask here where you may get 3 or 4 answers.

Good luck, I hope all is well!

• Nikki

Hep C is a liver disease so you cannot catch it. Unless you share needles or get a blood transfusion. You can only get it through blood. I can't get it link working, so do a search on Hep c on yahoo and you will get all the facts. I wish you the best.

get tested for peace of mind but otherwise relax and dont flip a scrip over it because more than likely all is well

Surely you would have been tested for hep c as your pregnant?

hepatitiis c sufferers have a limited life span of indeterminate years, putyour mind at rest go and get a blood test. I do hope that everything works out for you and your baby.