verb (used without object)
1. to communicate or exchange ideas, information, etc., by speaking: to talk about poetry.
2. to consult or confer: Talk with your adviser.
3. to spread a rumor or tell a confidence; gossip.
4. to chatter or prate.
5. to employ speech; perform the act of speaking: to talk very softly; to talk into a microphone.
16. the act of talking; speech; conversation, esp. of a familiar or informal kind.
17. an informal speech or lecture.
18. a conference or negotiating session: peace talks.
19. report or rumor; gossip: There is a lot of talk going around about her.
20. a subject or occasion of talking, esp. of gossip: Your wild escapades are the talk of the neighborhood.
21. mere empty speech: That's just a lot of talk.
22. a way of talking: a halting, lisping talk.
23. language, dialect, or lingo.
24. signs or sounds imitative or suggestive of speech, as the noise made by loose parts in a mechanism.
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)