Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsSkin Conditions · 1 decade ago

Ortho Tri-Cyclen LO?

Ortho Tri-Cyclen LO works for acne?

I'm an asian 15 years old & I'm suffering from whiteheads & major blackheads. Mostly are on my cheeks now & I asked my doctor to put me on BC pill so now she put me on ORTHO TRI-CYCLEN LO (NOT THE REGULAR). I start this coming Sunday.

I have very irregular periods so is that what's affecting my acne??

Will ORTHO TRI-CYCLEN LO help with acne?

Has anyone tried? Please tell me your results!!

How long does it take for it to clear my skin?

Please & thankyou! My confidence is really going down..

Favorite Answer

I've been on Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo for about 5 years now (I recently turned 25), and so far it's worked for me. I used to get a lot of whiteheads when I was in my mid-teen years, but I haven't had a bad breakout since before I turned 20, so yeah, it may have been the pill that helped... the blackheads have kept on coming (but that's just from my family curse of having huge pores- nothing the pill can do about that, unfortunately). My periods used to come whenever they felt like it, and the Ortho set them right on time after only a month. Your acne is probably due to changing hormone levels, which are just a part of being a teenager (trust me, I know!). Did your GYN tell you if she thought there was any specific reason why your period was so irregular? My doc diagnosed me with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS), which actually runs in my family. That's one of the reasons why he put me on a low dose birth control in the first place. Did she tell you if there was a reason she chose Ortho Lo for you?

Anyways, the pill should help to regulate things, so your periods should start coming in on time, and your acne should be less severe. Everyone's body is different, so give it a few months and see if there's any improvement.

Oh, btw- if you wear makeup, try Bare Escentuals. It's an all natural mineral powder. I've found it doesn't clog my pores like other stuff did, plus it's really natural looking- even when covering up blemishes and blackheads. It's expensive, but worth it!!

Good luck with everything!

I used ortho tri cyclen lo for a couple of years. I didn't have any adverse side effects except fatigue. It kept my periods shorter, only 3-4 days long, and was reliable. Like any oral contraceptive, be sure you take the pill around the same time every day, as this will increase its effectiveness. I only used the pill, but I was also in a committed monogomous relationships. Please know that if you are only going to use an oral contraceptive, that it does not protect you against STDs, and actually changes the acidity and hormones of the vagina to make women more at risk for STDs. I've never had a problem or scare though, and it's been one of the best birth control pills I've taken.

my doctor said it will take about 4 months to see results in your skin. =]

qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq