Where can i get insured and bonded for my housecleaning company?

I am starting a housecleaning business and i don't know what kind ofinsurance i need. around how much does it cost. where do i go. I been cleaing houses but i wanted to have everything legal. thank a million

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Believe or not your car insurance offers it.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes, there is insurance and bonds for house cleaning. It generally falls under the janitorial heading.

Some states require you to be insured and bonded, others don't. Check with your state to see if it is required. If you are required to hold a license of some sort (such as a contractor's license) then it is probably going to be a requirement to get bonded and insured.

Rates vary tremenously for this type of business insurance. I've seen insurance policies for one person janitors for as little as $250 in years past but the minimum premium that I've seen lately has been around $500. Bonds will depend on the type of bond needed. A license bond will be around $250 if your credit is good. If your credit isn't good, it will be more. If a personal bond will suffice, they can run as little as $50. Again, you will need to check to see if and which type of bond you will need.

Talk to an agent in your area that has experience writing insurance for small businesses. They should be able to answer most of your questions. If you need help finding an agent, check your yellow pages under commerical or business insurance.

• 1 decade ago

General liability coverage runs around $1500. The bond, depends on what type of bond you're looking for - it only covers employees, not the owner - usually it runs around $250 per bond.

You REALLY need to sit down and talk to an insurance agent about exactly what's covered. MOST people who clean houses (legally, I might add, doesn't mean "with insurance and a bond) can't afford the added expense of insurance and bonds, and are pretty much judgement proof.

Source(s): agent, 21+ years
  • elvera
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Start An Office Cleaning Business!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

You need the following:

1. A janitorial bond- HCCsurety.com- It is cheap

2. You need general liability..

3. If u have employees, u wil need work comp

Source(s): insurance agent 10+ years
  • Lisa
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/axtEq

Look up the official website of the state you live in and find the faq for businesses. That will give you a start.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Hope this helps!

Source(s): insured bonded housecleaning company: https://bitly.im/c13/where-can-i-get-insured-and-b...
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.