Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Why was John McCain given a free pass for his tasteless hillary joke?

Seems like McCain is constantly being given a free pass for his frequent lapses in judgement. This has been going on for a long time. Why Him?

http://www.salon.com/news/1998/06/25newsb.html

Personally I enjoyed the joke...but then I am not very PC as far as jokes go. I am puzzled that the press both left and right hold him to a much lower standard than any other candidate.

I also like some of his political positions. I just think the guy is getting a free pass. The press should hold him to the same standards as the other candidates.

Favorite Answer

Republicans are notoriously un-funny.

McCain is known for foot in mouth disease.

McCain winning is a sign that the Republicans are not happy with their choices provided them, namely Romney. Romney is what the powers that be want in the White House, but the Republican people want Huchlebee, McCain and Ron Paul

Well my answer would be that the media is focusing more on rivals within each political party and not between. You hear about Huckabee and Romney or Obama and Clinton rivals, but not so much between the parties, RIGHT NOW. As it gets closer to decision time, and the candidates are named, i'm sure that will come out, although I didn't find the joke to be bad. HIllary has said much worse.

Well when you are a prisoner of war for over a decade living in hell for this country, then i'm sure you will get a couple free passes! Also it's not only him everyone cracks jokes about hiliary. She is nothing special and has accomplished nothing. The only reason she is at where she is, is because she got married to bill clinton. (And i guess you really can't call that an accomplishment because he cheated on her for a fat slob.)

Because the media collectively loves them some John McCain. Watch an interview with him sometime if you want to see some serious butt-kissing.

I don't know. That was rude. He always says things that aren't very PC. I think many of his supporters like those kind of jokes. I wish he wouldn't be so stupid about things like that. Of all the republican candidates he is the only one I can stand, but he just went down a couple notches in my book.

Gee, this is a bit old.

The story is dated 1998, about 10 years ago.

You mention he is constantly given a free pass, but your example is dated.

• T-Bone

To answer your question;

John McCain was given a free pass because the joke is true..LOL

• DOOM

I hate to break this to you, but tasteless as you may find the joke, it's not a Hillary joke. It doesn't even mention hillary. It's a Janet Reno joke.

John McCain is good in diplomacy and it is the reason why his jokes are given free passes.

in June 1998? Is this the best dirt you could find?.Something her might have reportedly could have said 10 years ago? McCain looks like he is winning Florida ... Why him? Because you can be a conservative and not believe in torture for one ... Sorry dittoheads...