'99 Saab 9-3 convertible top will not go all the way back up?

My Saab 9-3 convertible top will not completely go up. Everything works except the rear window will not go back down, completing the last step. I refilled the hydraulic fluid already. When this happens my truck is also unable to be opened electronically, not sure why. Every other part of the convertible goes back and forth.

Update:

I just turned the headlights on and the convertible works correctly now. Why??

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

The headlight thing is a coincidence.On the top,there are 5 bows that go across the frame.first one at the windshield and the fifth one at the bottom of the back window.On the drivers side behind the quarter glass is the 5th bow microswitch.It is an open/close switch that the system uses to determine where in the cycle the 5th bow is.This switch is a common problem.There are a few switches for different things on the top,but the 5th bow switch is the most common problem.

another problem is the tonneau drive.Its in the trunk on the right side under the top stowage bag.There is a universal joint there that goes bad too.

Could be either one.good luck

Source(s): SAAB tech
  • stith
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

99 Saab 9-3 Convertible

• 4 years ago

Plastic isn't a good substance to withstand pressure in the first place, and add a little dryrot into the mix and it's a wonder that people haven't been having more problems with this. What happened to a good old fashioned metal hose clamp for Christ's sake!?!

• 1 decade ago

Maybe the battery was slightly off...

It's really hard to say but...

actually I really don't know

lol

Sorry!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.