Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

Women only does the music a guy listens to matter?

I like the darker electronic rock, i'm not obsessed about it. I don't like talk about it 24/7.

Best Answer

I think that the music a guy is interested in matters as much as the girl thinks it does, and the degree of importance it is to the guy. Some girls could care less, while to some (like myself) it matters a lot, because I'm very into music. (And it's a plus to have someone to bum records off of, and who will know what vinyl to buy me, and how to make a decent mixtape). You don't give any specific instance as to your question, so I am assuming you mean just in general. If you aren't obsessed with your music, and it doesn't interfere with your life, it really shouldn't matter. Unless you are talking about a girl who is wayyy into some kind of music that completely clashes with yours, is close-minded, or is seeking someone with a musical taste exclusively similar to her own it won't even come into play. It really depends on the woman, and how important your music is to you. It's been a big turn off in the past for me to have a guy play something I can't stand in the car, or in a moment that should have been intimate, or something that I just don't like period. But music matters to me. I know plenty of women who don't care at all, so long as it is not interfering with the relationship negatively or in a way they don't like. A man being forceful about his views and tastes in music (or anything for that matter) can be off putting, but that is another matter. Hope that helps!

It doesn't matter to me. Everyone has different opinions. I'm not going to not like a guy because of the music he listens to.

when i can have a conversation with a guy about music i get intrigued. if they listen to good music im hooked. but iguess music does kinda matter sometimes but its not everything, as long as u dont talk about it all the time-your covered

well it depends on the kinda girl you're looking for and really how much you talk about or listen to it and if you're willing to sometimes listen to her music.

if she's not the metal type you don't need to change your music but you can't start gagging when she plays hers.

if she is the metal type then its no problem and you'll have something in common.

it matters to me.. a LOT...

it usually tells me a lot about him.

of course there are exceptions.. (not in my case, though :p)

jk, what i'm saying is the girl SHOULD give a chance to someone who doesn't like the same music as her, maybe they share all the other interests, or maybe he will start listening to her music after a while :)))) [or the opposite]

Yes it matters, if a man likes Polka that does it, I am out!

No. I like hip/hop and this guy i like is into screamo and heavy metal.

i dont think it should matter..but i think girls will be attracted to guys who have somewhat similar intresests in music

yeah, actually to me it does. but only if he is unwilling to compromise. i don't wanna hear death metal, rap, or country. anything else is fine.