What are the chances of getting pregnant after husband had a vasectomy 7 years ago?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
Best Answer
that's how i was born my dad got one after my brother surprise 10 years later, but it is slim but not impossible.

Source:

35 weeks with Anastazja
  • 2
  • Comment

Other Answers (4)

Rated Highest
  • Rated Highest
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • Tracy S answered 6 years ago
    Well, my boyfriend had one 5 years ago & we'll be mommy & daddy in June.

Source(s):

18 weeks pregnant
    • 1
    • Comment
  • Darianna answered 6 years ago
    A recent vasectomy would be proving a major challenge.

However your husband had his 7 years ago, then there is a chance that sperm is leaking out of the incision space.. FOR also the vasectomy is only 98% effective!!

Here is the information:
    Located on: http://www.greenjournal.org/cgi/content/...

OBJECTIVE: To describe the pregnancy rates among women whose husbands underwent vasectomy.

METHODS: Between 1985 and 1987, 573 women aged 18–44 years whose husbands underwent vasectomy in medical centers in 5 U.S. cities were enrolled in the U.S. Collaborative Review of Sterilization, a prospective cohort study of male and female sterilization. Women were interviewed by telephone at 1, 2, 3, and 5 years after their husbands underwent vasectomy.

RESULTS: Among the 540 eligible women at risk for pregnancy, there were 6 pregnancies occurring from 6 to 72 weeks after vasectomy. The cumulative probability of failure per 1,000 procedures (95% confidence interval) was 9.4 (1.2, 17.5) 1 year after vasectomy and 11.3 (2.3, 20.3) at years 2, 3, and 5.

CONCLUSION: Couples considering vasectomy should be counseled about the small, but real, risk of pregnancy following the procedure and that men are not sterile immediately after vasectomy.

If you are trying agian, then a reversal is needed, if you are worried about being pregnant (then a sperm test, and pregnancy test is needed), if you are trying to pin a baby on him (not say you are) then good luck, for you are not gonna win that one!!

I hope this information is helpful to you and Good Luck!!

Source(s):

A mom to one and one on the way!!
    • 1
    • Comment
  • lovivastar2001 answered 6 years ago
    well put it this way mine did and I am 25 weeks preg now his was done after our son was born and he is 5 now.
    • 1
    • Comment
  • **newmommy** answered 6 years ago
    Are you wanting to get pregnant? Or worried that you are and hoping it's your husbands? My mom went through the pregnancy when my stepdad had a vasectomy long before, but it also wasn't his. It is very unlikely that you could get pregnant from your husband, if not impossible. If you want to have a baby, there is always the option of a reversal.
    • 1
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member Since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total Answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock