Menard Homes?? Help Please!?

Hello,

I am from Canada looking to build a home on some land that I purchased outside of a city. I have heard that you can get great housing packages from menards.com and have them shipped here to assemble.

Has anyone seen these homes? Are they good quality?

Also, if you have any other suggestions for places that I could order the materials for a house (like the kind from menards) that would be great.

Thanks for your help!

Favorite Answer

Menards should be able to answer all of those questions for you.

They have preprinted information on the various home "kits" they offer.

They are typically lower end windows, doors, roofing, siding etc. but if those products are similar to what you will be using anyway, these kits may be a great way to go.

Be sure to look at shipping costs, foundation, permits, utilities costs, dirtwork, plumbing, wiring, hvac, disposal of refuse.

There is a lot to the entire picture when it comes to building a home.

Make sure the materials they are providing meet your local building codes etc.

I would suspect if you double the price of those kits, that gets you to a house thats about ready for you to move in to.

j.

I like Lowes because if you need a truck to transport your items. They will rent you one for 20 dollars. Then there is Home depot which is good if you need to rent a tool. I like them both. As for Menards don't have one here in philly I don't think. And as for the Lowes where you are at I would check with them about If they do the truck rental.