Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureMythology & Folklore · 1 decade ago

what's the superstition about putting your purse on the floor?

something about you'll be broke or something

Favorite Answer

“Don't put your purse on the floor or you'll stay broke.” This is an old superstition, which says that we shouldn't keep our handbags on the floor if we want to have money coming in. With your handbag, the problem is that you are both physically and symbolically putting your money on the dirty floor down by your feet, which can be interpret as you are disrespecting your wealth. If you want to keep your money, you have to respect it. A symbolic way of respecting it by putting it in a nice place like on the table, a chair or your lap.

Purse On The Floor

That's what my grandma always says, that I'll go broke if I do. I never put my purse on the floor, and I'm still broke = P

I've never heard that one before. I've put my purse on the floor plenty of times. I'm not broke. (thankfully)

If you put your purse on the floor it might get walked on.

I always heard that you wont have money if you keep you purse on the floor.............................maybe thats why I am always so broke!