How Can a Patriot Fly the Confederate Flag?

The confederate flag has been the symbol of anti-americanism and anti-Constitutional for nearly a decade and a half. In 1861, when South Carolina committed treason, declaring itself independent from the Union and its Constitution it swore to uphold in 1789. Other states followed to form the Confederate States of... show more The confederate flag has been the symbol of anti-americanism and anti-Constitutional for nearly a decade and a half. In 1861, when South Carolina committed treason, declaring itself independent from the Union and its Constitution it swore to uphold in 1789. Other states followed to form the Confederate States of America.

The Confederate States of America and their armies were the largest group of American traitors in our entire history! Hundreds of thousands of true Americans (the north) were killed by these malicious anti-American terrorists.

It is a falsehood in its entirety to argue the Civil War as simply "a misunderstanding regarding the Constiution," of course it was a misunderstanding but this does not excuse the thousands of malicious acts of treason comitted by the confedererates.

So this gets to my question... Why fly the flag of the biggest group of traitors in American History? The traitors who murdered in cold blood hundreds of thousands of Americans.
Update: Obviously, I don't disagree that Southerners should have the right to fly the flag. If a person has the right to fly a Nazi flag, they certainly have the right to fly their flag. The issue I have, simply originates from a strong distaste of Pre-Civil War "Southern Pride." When your history consists of... show more Obviously, I don't disagree that Southerners should have the right to fly the flag. If a person has the right to fly a Nazi flag, they certainly have the right to fly their flag. The issue I have, simply originates from a strong distaste of Pre-Civil War "Southern Pride." When your history consists of Incessant Racism, Slavery, Hatred of Blacks, and Segregation, what's to be proud of? When your entire economy up until World War II (sure it wasn't called slavery but it might as well have been) was based upon hatred and the treatment of Blacks as animals, where is the pride? The confederate flag, in my opinion and the opinion of many scholars in the field, is a representation of this pre-Civil War attitude. The south today is wonderful, and luckily, does not contain this hatred. The Confederate flag represented and will continue to represent the war attitudes mentioned before. I am a huge proponent of state's rights. As long as your state is not attempting to commit malicious treason.