Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

is kissing cheating?

what does the bible say?

my dad has kissed another women besides my mother...

they have been married for 25 years now.

what does the bible say on this matter?

are they scripturally able to devorce?

should my dad be dfed?

what do i do!

it is people like you.. that make other people kill themselves...

wake up i'm going through a devorce with my parents and you people are being so rude and mean i can not believe it.

i wanted to hear some scriptures on what the bible says about kissing another women... not here your crap about how young i am and now little i know about things...i am 20 years old let me take a second to thank you for being horrible heartless people.. i'll pray for you and hope that you gain a heart someday.

Favorite Answer

"But I tell you that anyone who looks at a women lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart." Mathew 5:28

Yes, I believe that it is cheating. But I do not think that divorce is the answer. I think that they should try working it out before jumping straight to divorc

"To the married I give this command (not I, but the Lord): A wife must not separate from her husband. But if she does she must remain unmarried or else be reconciled to her husband. And a husband must not divorce his wife." 1 Corinthians 7:10-11

I am sorry that you are having to go through this. If your parents are Christians then, I pray that they would seek Godly advice before ending this marrige. But, If they are not, you can not expect them to act as if they are. Just pray for them! God Bless!!

If it's as a greeting, then no, it's not cheating. If they are making out, then yes.

Young people, like yourself and some others here, don't seem to understand that many adults kiss as a greeting. Some on the cheek, some on the lips, but it's brief and it doesn't linger. In the US it's not as widely done as in other country's, but we tend to be a bit up tight here.

Since you didn't specify what kind of kiss, I'd assume it's the first and say that there is nothing about it in the Bible. He's not

"sinning" or going to hell or doing to die.

Calm down, don't let the answers here get you worked up and let the adults handle the adult issues.

Source(s): ADDED: I'm afraid you phrased the question in such a way that it sounds like you are a child who saw her dad kiss someone. You didn't mention that there is a divorce happening. Be more thorough about what you want in an answer from the beginning. That said, this isn't your divorce, this is theirs. Be strong, support them in their life changes and new experiences and continue loving them. There is nothing more you can do. They have to figure this out for themselves.

definite to a pair human beings and no to a pair human beings. yet lots of folk who's husbands or different halves have cheated statistically are greater disenchanted with their considerable different whilst they have a courting with yet another person. no longer possibly the actual stuff like kissing or previous that. I even have journey in this. and cheating is an outstanding line that ought to be drawn inclusive of your considerable different. technically no longer something is extremely cheating in case you're no longer married on the grounds which you haven't any longer definitely commited to something. yet in maximum individuals's eyes, cheating is any actual touch that's directed in a sexual way.

First of all I'm sorry you're having to go through such a hard situation.

To answer your question, Jesus said if you even look upon a woman with lust, you have already committed adultery with her in your heart. There is nothing specifically about kissing.

As far as what they do it is up to them. They could get a divorce, but they also could stay together and work this out. The best thing you can do is pray and be as supportive as possible. Also understand that (as much as it may hurt you) it is all them and not you. You are not responsible and it doesn't have to do with you. I know it still hurts you, and again I'm sorry you are going through this. I know it's hard. I pray for the best for you and your family.

Many blessings.

You asked everyone, "what do I do?"

Nothing. This is between your mom and dad and all YOU can do is support each of them through this trying time. Divorce is not easy.

It really won't help the situation to find a bible scripture about kissing. I'm not dissing you ... I'm just trying to be realistic.

It would depend on the kiss. I have a few old friends that I give a quick kiss goodbye on the lips. It is nothing more than a friendly kiss and is in no way cheating. If it lasts more than a second or there is tongue involved that is a different story altogether.

Personally I do think it is cheating. My thought is it is cheating when you know it will hurt your spouse and when it is something you feel needs to be hidden from them.

I am sorry your parents may be going through a divorce, but you have to remember it is their problem. You are an adult and you need to give them time and space to work it out themselves.

Source(s): My parents separated (ended in divorce) when i was 18 because of, in part, to my fathers cheating.

I'm sorry that you witnessed this. I know it must hurt. I'm not sure I can answer your question. It depends on what was in his heart when he kissed her. I don't think a kiss alone is a basis for divorce. You could google catholic annulment to see what the biblical grounds for divorce are. You are in a difficult predicament. Maybe you should speak to your Father about it... And definately pray about it.

Its your dad - I don't think you can get a divorce for your mom...

I wouldn't concern yourself about the matter. You're obviously a child, and should just continue doing what your parents tell you to do.

On the lips? Open mouth?