What's the best (and least painful) way to draw out a splinter deep in the skin?

I tried soaking it, but it doesn't seem to be helping.

• Meli
    Favorite Answer

Just grab a hold of the darn thing and yank it out. ( use tweezers) It will only hurt for a second or two but it will feel so much better when it's out.

Go ahead, be brave, take a deep breath and go for it.

Use a needle, clean it first. Make a hole big enough for the splinter to be drawn out easily. You cannot force the splinter out from underneath, that will magnify the pain by 1000%. Make it deep enough so the needle could go underneath the splinter and then lift it up. Focus on getting the splinter out instead of the pain. Like getting a bullet out of you. I know the pain is scary. Stay alert and so you don't drown into the pain. If you can't, let the doctor do it =o)

I haven't actually tried this, so I don't know if this really works. I read somewhere that if you put a piece of banana skin over the splinter, secure it in place with medical tape and leave it on overnight, it will come out. I doubt this would work, but thought I would put it out there. I agree with most people who've answered though, using a needle and tweezers (cleaned with alcohol) is probably the best idea. You can also buy tweezers specifically for digging out splinters that have a sharp tip.

good luck!

Go to the doctor. They have a special type of vacuum that can draw the splinter out. In the worst case scenario, they will have to use a laser. Otherwise, a vacuum will be used.

I like to lever and pull them out with a straight pin.

I've sometimes used a razor blade.

Some splinters can be removed by applying a strip of scotch tape, but sounds like yours is too deep.

If you have a product such as Ambesol (used to numb a baby's gum while teething) you might try it to see if it works for reducing pain.

Soak in EPSOM SALT WATER . . .

"Using Epsom Salt for Removing Splinters"

http://www.epsomsaltsoakbath.com/using-epsom-salt-...

tweezers work the best, it does hurt for a little bit, but once you yank it out the pain is pretty much done for.

needle that's been held under a flam for about 20 seconds....want me to get it?

Source(s): life

pour peroxide on it a few times, it should work its way out!