I want to lose 30 lbs but am scared that using the machines in the gym will create muscle. what exercises help

I'm scared that if I use the strength training machines that it will build muscle in my arms and thighs instead of losing inches. Are there any specifics to avoiding this such as amount of weight or number of reps? I am 29, 160 lbs Female. Looking to lose 30 lbs. I used to weigh over 200... got down to 135... show more I'm scared that if I use the strength training machines that it will build muscle in my arms and thighs instead of losing inches. Are there any specifics to avoiding this such as amount of weight or number of reps? I am 29, 160 lbs Female. Looking to lose 30 lbs. I used to weigh over 200... got down to 135 and back up to 160 - all without working out so a lot is flabby fat ECHK!!! Thanks!