One of my employees was recently diagnosed with HIV and informed me of his condition, what should I do?

One of my employees informed me that he was diagnosed with HIV, am I legally obligated to inform his coworkers of this? Legal answers only please!

Favorite Answer

What kind of work do you all do? Unless you all are in a job where there is a potential for coworkers to be exposed to any of his bodily fluids, seems like it shouldn't be an issue. I would suggest that if you have any questions regarding what your obligations are in this circumstance that you talk with the human resources department within your organization. There are liability issues involved if you illegally inform other people of protected information, i.e., somebody having HIV, without their consent.

I dont think you should break a confidence. Maybe talk to your employee who told you this and ask if he wants it kept confidential. There are some work places where it is probably a better thing for people to know.

But if the employee does not put others at risk i dont see why you should tell people.

For Legal answers you should at least put the state you are living in as it is different for most of them.

What perfect does this guy ought to attempt and stress non believers to stick to his non secular dictats?!! Aids is the biggest killer in Africa by skill of a techniques and his suggestions will enhance the cost of infections and deaths!! lots so as that he would desire to reason far greater deaths than the holocaust!!

no; you're not legally obligated to inform coworkers of that.

That's a personal choice that he or she made to tell you.

In fact; if you DID tell everyone; I'm pretty sure there would be legal ramifications for it.

I would strongly suggest re-posting this question in the Business section of YahooAnswers. This is really a business question more than an STD question.

Contact a Lawyer first. People can sue for anything today