which pizza company made the first delivery to outer space?

was it papa johns, pizza hut or dominoes?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

In 2001, Pizza Hut became the first to provide "the only pizza ever delivered to and eaten by people living in space." The worked in a joint venture with Russian food scientists. [1] & [2]

There is a picture of it at http://www.space.com/images/h_space_pizza_03.jpg [3]

However, just because they were the first does not mean it was worth anything...you can read here directly from NASA several years later that there is NOT a good pizza to send up: http://www.nasa.gov/audience/forstudents/5-8/featu... [4]

Apparently, the stuff that Pizza Hut sent up was pretty bad and they did not do it again. It was a single "traditional crispy crust, sauce and cheese, but it was topped with salami to enhance the product's flavor. Scientists discovered that pepperoni could not withstand the required 60-day testing process." [5]

There's also the tricky wording--they did not 'deliver' anything, they only worked on the product that was sent up to the International Space Station in May, 2001(ISS).

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

Delivery drivers are paid at least minimum wage, and most are paid mileage on top to cover gas. Most pizza places do keep notes in their computer on how much you tip, and you will get faster service if you are known as a decent tipper. A certain percentage is kinda silly. If you order a small cheese pizza, it takes the same amount of effort to deliver as 3 XL supreme pizzas. Drivers shouldn't make less money because you aren't very hungry, nor should they make more because you ordered extra toppings. Tip based on delivery time, how warm your food is when they hand it to you, how courteous the driver was to you, etc... If you live in a rural spot way off the beaten path, or you have 20 steps in front of your house, you should tip a little nicer. Give at least a minimum of $2, more if you feel you received awesome service. The driver is already making at least minimum wage + mileage, so if they deliver 4 orders in an hour, they are making atleast $12 after tips. That is a liveable wage.

• Deb
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Papa Neptune's.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

According to the show Robot Chicken, it was Dominoes.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Joeys pizza,thats what i was reading any way,but if you ask me it's a mythe,yeah yeah i know i can't spell,i own a auto body shop not a libray,hey have a safe and great day,bye : )

• 1 decade ago

well it was pizza hut, if you look at their little placemat things. That's what it says anyway!

• Eric C
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

not sure if anybody can afford a 6 million dollar pizza...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It was Domino's.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

dominos

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

They delivered in spase. who new

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.