I just found a tick on my dog, PLEASE HELP!!!!!?

i just found a tick on my dog...the tick looked greyish, and the legs were black. i heard that a tick can swell up, and thats what it looked like it did, it was a bout the size of a pea maybe. so i tryed to get as deep as i could with a tweezers, and i pulled, and i think its head was black, i think the head was... show more i just found a tick on my dog...the tick looked greyish, and the legs were black. i heard that a tick can swell up, and thats what it looked like it did, it was a bout the size of a pea maybe. so i tryed to get as deep as i could with a tweezers, and i pulled, and i think its head was black, i think the head was still in the skin, i tryed pulling and digging, and i think i got the head, BUT IM NOT SURE. i dont know if the head was trying to burrow in deeper as i was trying to get it, but i was wondering, if the head is still in the skin, can i apply frontline RIGHT NOW, and will the frontline kill it before it gets to the blood stream????? i need answers quick!! please! thank you.
Update: i applyed the frontline plus. i also called the vet and asked if i could apply it as well...and he said yes, and that i pretty much have nothing to worry about...BUT i thought if the head stay in, that it can transmit diseases if it infected.