LDS,What about love, morality, civility, mercy, gratitude and optimism does not apply to caring for our world?

It seems wrong to talk of love for the village while you poison the well.

Please explain.

I will ask again in more detail as requested.

If you do not understand another mans intentions, is it he that is confused?

• Doctor
    Favorite Answer

The Mormons have typically been very good stewards of the earth. We are careful with our resources. We protect the environment, we care about our neighborhoods. We clean up the messes we make. We work to prevent pollution. We recycle, we do not exploit the earth. We are well known for our beautiful towns, cities, farms, and wilderness areas.

Where we sometimes are criticized is that we do not join in with those who have a political agenda to take away our freedom to plant the trees we want to plant, or the freedom to hunt and fish and harvest the fruits of the earth.

I had a liberal, environmentalist office mate a few years ago. Because I was politically conservative he thought I was somehow against the environment. It was interesting though, that in my daily life I practiced the kinds of things he railed about, but did not actually practice himself. I rode a bicycle to work, he drove an SUV. I carefully composted my garbage, he threw his in the trash can. I planted trees, he didn't. I recycled my newspapers, cans and bottles, but it wasn't convenient for him. I spent time cleaning trails of human trash, he was too busy for that. Too busy protesting our not signing the Kyoto Accords, and stuff like that.

Look deeper than the politics. Look at what the LDS church actually does and the values it fosters, rather that the political posturing of extremists.

• beyke

easily, Mormons consistently see the 2d Coming of Jesus, the destruction of life, and the rebirth of life is often interior the close to destiny. Why look after a planet that's gonna be toasted besides. truly i do no longer propose to bash yet i'm able to undergo in innovations very properly how whilst i strengthen right into a Mormon the common sentiment that the top of the earth is amazingly close. My mothers and fathers have been the two informed of their Patriarchal reward that they may be alive for the 2d coming of Jesus. regrettably my father has surpassed already. do no longer concern it hasn't shaken my mothers ideals although she merely assumes the guy that gave my fathers blessing strengthen right into a splash misguided. In my seminary type from a quote from Ezra Taft Benson, that the little ones born into the Mormon church for the period of my era have been the better of the final spirit little ones and have been being born now as they may be those alive for the 2d coming of Jesus and we ought to coach the international for it. That doctrine has replaced a splash on condition that i strengthen right into a toddler even even though it merely an account approximately how the sentiment of the Mormon people is the top is amazingly close to and makes truly worrying with reference to the planet no longer on the precise of their priorities.

I don't seem to understand what you are talking about, either... can you elaborate a little bit?

You'd be making a good point if you had spent more time on it.

The Mormon Church is not against environmentalist, so I don't quite see your point... sorry.

i'm a little confused by your wording..? can you maybe edit this, and make it clearer?

• gumby

I think you need to explain. I have no idea what you're talking about.

idiot

why do you people want this person to elaborate on why he or she hates mormons?

Please go into more detail. We don't poison wells.

what