HELP ASAP!!!!! How to drain a washing machine?????????

My new boyfriend has gone out of town with work and left me his car and a key to his house......I decided that as he gets back Wednesday i would stop by his place after work and clean his house for him. I put in 2 loads of laundry....but the 2nd load is in and the cycle keeps stopping so now it is full off clothes and water!! i can't get it to drain!! i tried every setting but it doesn't work and i can lift the lid when washer going?! Help please !!!

• Dad T
    Best Answer

A make and model would sure be nice. Generically, take the drain hose and put it down by your floor drain. It should start to drain through gravity. If you don't have a floor drain, get a bucket and drain it into the bucket. There will be more water than one bucket so be prepared to do it a number of times. A make and model number will get you more help as to how to fix the problem.

Source(s): Journeyman Appliance Tech....33 years

Oh dear poor you. It sounds as though the spinner element has packed up. It happened to my washing machine as well. If you want to get the clothes out, place a bowl under the door when you open it - this will naturally catch the water. Call the repair man and tell him to come asap. Take the soggy clothes to the laundromat and get them tumble dried. Hopefully by the time he comes back all will be back to normal. If it isn't, well what the hell, you were only trying to help. So don't worry.

Find the off switch. Seriously there should be an off setting. Try to find the final spin program before if possible. If you can get it to know its switched off it should start to drain and the door should open after that. It is possible it has a hold cycle for if your going out and want to avoid leaving your washing lieing in the machine. If there's a button that says HOLD and especially if its lit try pushing that. Good Luck!

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

My new boyfriend has gone out of town with work and left me his car and a key to his house......I decided that as he gets back Wednesday i would stop by his place after work and clean his house for him. I put in 2 loads of laundry....but the 2nd load is in and the cycle keeps stopping so now it is...

Source(s): asap drain washing machine: https://tinyurl.im/1XKlI

How To Drain A Washer

if the empty hose is hooked over a sink or a pipe and if the machine is near a door, you can unhook the hose keep it up til you can put it out the door the water will drain out you might be able to put it in a bucket or bowl instead if it's connected to pipework you will have to disconnect it (on no account should you disconnect it from the bottom or it will empty all over the floor)

• Mea

On my washer there is a little flap at the bottom right hand side (don't know what it's name is)It's got what looks like a big screw in it get plenty of old towels and unscrew it and get a bucket to catch the water from the little hose and turn off the water and electric

Something similar happened to our washer, I wish I could tell you what my dad did to fix it but I'm not sure... Check the model of the machine and try the manufacturer's website? Maybe there's a "help" or "troubleshooting" section, or someone you can call? I would also pull out the clothes, rinse them (if they're still soapy) best you can in the bathtub, and then dry them normally. Then you only have to worry about the water in the washer, and not about the clothes.

mel..switch off at power supply for five mins.

then switch back on.

making sure machine is set to off on all cycles

now switch machine to drain or spin or rinse then press start..should be ok if not then there is a fault.

best I can tell you without knowing machine make..v

i buy panesonic full automatic wasine machine in used one.all time inside machine water drining. how can repair that