promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
mhk2358 asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

Portion Sizes?

How has portion sizes changed over the last quarter of the century?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

portion sizes have definitely got bigger as we all have become lazier. as a child there where no TV or computer games we played outside and ate well. now-a-days it seems a strange world. children can't play outside. we all sit in front of goggle boxes for entertainment. and we eat for comfort. mums don't have time to cook and lean on take-a-ways who in turn make bigger portions to keep your custom. well it made sense to me hope it did to you.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Super size me! Need I say more? The average person eats roughly twice the amount of food that they are supposed to at the evening meal. Since the average person also skips at one meal per day, that means they are in starvation mode when they do over eat and the weight is put on as fat. The average portion should be no more than the size of both fists at each meal. The average Happy Meal is the size of an ADULT meal.

Source(s): Medical provider/Sports medicine PA
  • 1 decade ago

Just go to a restuarant and see how much crap comes on a plate today. Fat America has the 'more the better' mentality.

• 1 decade ago

portin size has increased dramatically. We are living in the super-size generation.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.