What is a greeter?

My dad died in July and my mom told me that she dreamt about him for the first time. She said in her dream the hugged and my dad told her "i dont have alot of time". Before he left my mom asked him "what do you do here"? And my dad said "i'm a greeter". So please anyone can you tell me what this may mean?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

He greets the newcomers.. good job..

• 1 decade ago

Holy Crap. They have Walmarts in heaven?

http://consumerist.com/consumer/walmart/be-a-walma...

It sounds like your dad is a greeter. That means they sit on a stool by the door and say hello to people as they come in.

• MikeM
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

I don't know what the dream means. At Wal-Mart, they have greeters. When you come in the door, they say, "Hi!".

Our church has greeters as well. They shake your hand and say welcome and give you a bulletin and stuff.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

He's a Walmart Greeter. Sorry, but he went to hell.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Domino
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

In a church it would be someone who stands at the entrance and "Greets" those who are coming into the church. They may hand them a flyer or a bulletin so they would know what is going on in the church that day. If someone is attending for the first time it's a kind of ice breaker, it makes them feel welcome.

• Rich
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

IN AA and NA meetings the greeter is the one who shakes peoples hands when they enter the room. The welcome comitee

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.