How To Drain Gas Hot Water Heater In Third Floor Condo With Drainage Pan?

I have a 6 year old gas hot water heater and it is time for it to be drained. The previous homeowner drained it annually and it's time for me to try. It has a drainage pan underneath it which has a pipe running into the floor. We live on the third (top) floor of our condominium building and the hot water... show more I have a 6 year old gas hot water heater and it is time for it to be drained. The previous homeowner drained it annually and it's time for me to try. It has a drainage pan underneath it which has a pipe running into the floor. We live on the third (top) floor of our condominium building and the hot water heater is located directly beside my washer/dryer in a closet. The hot water heater is a direct-vent model. I know I need to turn the gas off and open a hot water faucet in order to drain it. Would I drain it directly into the drainage pan? I want to avoid hiring a plumber for this and do it myself if it's not too much trouble.
Update: I don't have the ability to let it drain out my door as our building has an inside entrance with an elevator. Our condo association will not allow me to drain it out the window. I will see if I can just use the drainage pan. If not, would it be ok to drain it into my washing machine since it's right... show more I don't have the ability to let it drain out my door as our building has an inside entrance with an elevator. Our condo association will not allow me to drain it out the window. I will see if I can just use the drainage pan. If not, would it be ok to drain it into my washing machine since it's right beside the heater?