Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

S asked in Cars & TransportationBuying & Selling · 1 decade ago

Where to find free/cheap Consumer Reports?

I'm looking at buying a 2004 Dodge Neon with a little over 35K miles on it and want to see what the consumer reports say (and willing to take any CONSTRUCTIVE comments people might have... please leave the "Dodge Sucks" comments off folks).

Update:

I was looking for any online, since I'm going to test drive tonight, but thanks for the Library suggestions too.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Consumer Reports is NOT a good source for automotive information.

They have a long and proud history of completely missing the point of various sorts of cars. Their "expected reliability" is apparently based on the track record of the manufacturer, because they actually have "expected reliability" for new models. That might be fair for Honda (who haven't produced a bad car in my lifetime) but it isn't for Chrysler, Ford, and GM (whose reliability has been all over the map).

I'd start here:

http://carsurvey.org/model_Dodge_Neon.html

Consumer reports is for refrigerators.

• 1 decade ago

I've never seen consumer reports for free online.

However, my favorite source for car research is edmunds.com:

http://www.edmunds.com/dodge/neon/2004/index.html

(try epinions.com as a secondary source)

There, you should find both a professional review and numerous customer reviews. From what I've always heard, Dodge vehicles have reliability issues. So, I would recommend clicking maintenance on the left side to see if there are any recalls or many technical service bulletins. Your best tool is probably consumer reviews.

As you're probably aware, you can't go wrong with a Toyota or Honda (especially in the reliability area). If I were purchasing in your price range, it would definitely be one of those two brands.

• 1 decade ago

Go to your local public Library. They all have the Consumer Reports magazines that you can look at for free.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Go to SearchAutoReviews.com, search "2004 Dodge Neon review", you will find a lot of experts' and consumers' reviews. Here is the link:

http://searchautoreviews.com/results.html?cx=00661...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I loved my Neon. If you can't get the info on-line try contacting the magazine company and asking about back issues. You might also try your local library.

• 1 decade ago

Check book stores as well. They will have more current information than libraries, and you can usually just sit in the store and read them rather than buy them.

• 1 decade ago

Consumer Reports information is valuable to many people, therefore they charge money to access it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.