Usaa insurance?

Has anyone ever filed a claim with USAA under the special computer insurance that they offer? If so what happened to your comp and how much did they cover it for, im trying to decide if i should make a claim or not for my laptop

Update:

geiniusbobiknow - I have no clue what you are talking about...you say "you had to buy insurance" what do you think im doing getting insurance for free? We pay for our insurnance monthly.

Update 2:

I will have zero out of pocket expense (no deductible) im just worried it will raise my premium i have no other claims on either my vehicle or renters insurance. This is the first time i have ever made a claim and not sure how it works

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Yes, we've made a claim with USAA for our computer. We were SO glad we got the computer floater on our renter's policy! We got a Trojan Horse virus that slipped through our Norton Security Software and our computer stopped working. You have to pay for it and then USAA reimburses you. You call USAA, they give you a claim number and a fax number to fax your receipts after repairs have been made. We took our's to Circuit City. They removed the virus and cleaned up the computer. It costs about $250. We kept all the receipts and faxed them to USAA. We had our $250 back in about 3 days. Whoever you take it to needs to give you something that states what the issue was and what they did to fix it.

USAA will pay for all repairs to your computer. If it is determined that your computer cannot be fixed, USAA will give you money for a new one. Your insurance will not go up for filing a claim.

Well worth the $8.00 a month :0)

Source(s): AF WIFE
  • 3 years ago

Usaa Insurance Fax Number

• 3 years ago

Usaa Claims Fax Number

• 1 decade ago

I don't have USAA but I live in San Antonio and my son does have it. He has it on their vehicles, and has filed claims before. His insurance did not go up after filing. You need to read your policy to determine how much out of pocket you are going to be, this may vary from policy to policy. As far as to whether you should only you know that but if you do not have replacement cost at 100% they might only give you just a few dollars. If it was me and the laptop was older I would just go buy a new laptop.

I have no idea what the other answerer is talking about either

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/avaJH

We have had Geico our entire military career (except for while in Japan) and have never had anything other than top notch service from them. I will admit we have only had two accidents in that time though. I have several friends who have had USAA and really liked them until they had their first accident. While USAA was helpful and did all it should, thier rates immediately went up and this was over minor accidents. A friend who just had a major accident has been told USAA may drop her completely because of it. My advice is to choose the company you have had the most exeperience working with in claims situations and that did the best job of it.

• deneen
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Wow, thank you! just what I was searching for. I looked for the answers on other websites but I couldn't find them.

• 1 decade ago

Who knows, I was in korea and I couldn't even have insurance unless I bought it privately.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.