Ka Tsun asked in 科學及數學化學 · 1 decade ago

Atomic absorption spectrometry 用法

Atomic absorption spectrometry 用黎測食物含重金屬.

用法同步驟????

如果由一種蔬菜開始應該點做?

1 Answer

Rating
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Atomic absorption spectrometry is frequently used for quantitatively analyzing the trace amount of metal content in solution form. No matter what sample is, if you can convert it into solution form, the metal content can be determined. In your example, you would like to analyze the metal content in vegetable. Herein are the procedures:

1. Wash thoroughly the vegetable in water to avoid surfac contamination.

2. Dry the vegetable and cut known amount of vegetable and weigh. Record the original mass.

3. Add 5-10ml of distilled water with the vegetable and the mixture is then grinded in a grinder to paste form. Rinse thoroughly all th vegetable paste out from the grinder. Add 5-10ml of conc. HNO3 to the paste and digest it at 80C for 30 minute to release all the metal.

4. A control sample is done by preparing the digestion without vegetable paste.

5. The solution is cooled and filter. The solution is diluted up to 250 ml with DI water in volumetric flask. The solution is subjected to AAS measurement. After knowing the concentration of the metals in the solution, you can calculate the percentage of the metals in the vegetable. (If you want the percentage of the dry mass, you can dry the vegetable at 60-80 C in oven prior to weighing.)

I assume you know how to operate the ASS. So, I do not go into the details. Of course, you need to prepare some standard solutions of the target metals and work out the calibration curve first. After that, you can meaurementthe sample and you can get the result.

I hope the above information can help!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.