Will Monson be called as the new President of the LDS church?

This is such a sad time for the member of the LDS church, with the passing of our great Prophet and leader, President Gorden B. Hinckely. May peace be with us all, as he has returned to his Father's Kingdom and to the presence of his dearly beloved wife. Here's the question: I know Pres. Thomas S.... show more This is such a sad time for the member of the LDS church, with the passing of our great Prophet and leader, President Gorden B. Hinckely. May peace be with us all, as he has returned to his Father's Kingdom and to the presence of his dearly beloved wife.

Here's the question:
I know Pres. Thomas S. Monson is the 1st counselor of the LDS church, but does that guarantee his position to be the next President? David O. McKay was 2nd counselor to George Albert Smith. And in 1951, McKay was sustained as President of the Church even thought Pres. J. Reuben Clark Jr. faithfully served for almost 17 years.

I have absolutely nothing against Thomas S. Monson. He is a great man. I'm just wondering if there is a policy in place or if there is a possibility of the same thing happening again, as it did with David O. McKay.