Brandon asked in SportsWrestling · 1 decade ago

Whats the big deal about John Cena main eventing Wrestlemania this year?

i dont understand it really. we have some smarks saying that Hornswoggle would've been better then John Cena. are you kidding me? come on. i'm glad to see Cena is back healthy from his injury and to be honest he deserves to be in the main event scene just like Triple H and Batista at Wrestlemania. As much as he sells from the kids and other people buying his merchandise why wouldn't the WWE put Cena as the main eventer anyway? some of you people need to stop hiding the fact you like Cena but are just trying to be "cool" for hating faces.

What are your opinions?

• Red X
    Favorite Answer

Its funny they call cena fans little kids and teenage girls but they cry more than both. Grow up haters.

You're 100% Right All These Whiny Bitches Want To Be Cool Well Tell Me Really Do You Want A Champions Who Puts His Title On then Line Or Do You Want A Champ And Defends It Where Ever When Ever Now Really And 4 The People Saying Now Were back To The Same Old **** You Have To Relize This Is Just Like Back In The 70's And 80's When Hogan Ruled He Was Pretty Much The Only Champ Because He Was The Face Of WWF. ena Is Just The Modern Day Hulk He's The Face Of WWE

I agree with you, I mean for one thing, Cena is better than Batista and Hornswoggle. Hornswoggle is just a plain joke. Watch on tommorrow Monday Night Raw it will be Cena vs Hornswoggle. I mean we were all expecting either Triple H or Hornswoggle to win; who would have thought Cena would be back so early??? Atleast they surprised us for once. I am surprised to see Cena back so soon but in my opinion WWE was more interesting while he was around; hell Snoreton is becoming more boring then Cena was as a champion. Cena is a good guy, does his job well, and quite frankly i dont' see a problem with him other than being overused in WWE but let's face one thing: WWE Will NOT stop pushing him as long as he's around and causing controversy. He sees that he causes the crowd to REACT, that's what WWE looks for and the haters are contributing to Cena being pushed as much as the fans or "marks"...

But seriously I hate people who think it's "Cool" to hate Cena, Batista or even Jeff Hardy (cough SMARKS) and they jump on the hate bandwaggon. i've seen this a lot lately and it's pretty pathetic. Just make up your own mind.

Source(s): Got Curious?

Yawn Cena didn't deserve to win the Rumble irrespective of what fans think of him.It's so blatantly obvious he's a cert to win the title from Orton at WM24 & we're back to the same old boring predictable situation we had last year before he got injured.It's a big backwards step bcz really it should be on developing new headline stars like Jeff or MrKennedy & not rushing headlong into putting the belt on Yawn Cena at the very first earliest opportunity.

Yes. BQ: CM Punk. CM Punk vs John Cena at Wrestlemania for the WWE Championship.

• ?

They are just trying to be cool brandon, so many bandwagon fans out there today, and trying to be cool and bashing the guy who worked so hard and came back so early to put on an amazing show for the same fans that are bashing him.

Cena maineventing WM isn't the worst situation I'd rather hear Cena vs Orton for the WWE Title then Hornswoggle vs Orton for the title.

I bet he isn't even a full 100% yet and he still goes out there and shows, I remember ppl say "Glad he's injured", what about now! Idiots start being glad he is back, be normal for once other than trying to gain popularity here on a useless YA.

So on my final words, Thank God Cena is back and I look foeward to him beating Orton for that W-W-E Title!!!

Cena is the man. Not opinion just fact. He is the main event. The marquee draw. The headliner. The man who people pay their money to see. Believe it or not, he is over. Let me repeat that. HE IS OVER. He came back really quick because he knew he could work his *** off and do it. He done it to please the people who cheer him and to show up the people who boo him. You can say what you want about the guy but there is no one bigger than Cena. His reaction tonight was monstrous. People were shocked. I jumped out of my seat and marked out. I MARK OUT FOR CENA. Cena needs to headline. Cena is the WWEs meal ticket. Cash it in.

It is good he is healthy.

It is good he is back.

It is good that Cena is on his way to Main Eventing Wrestlemania.

By the way...I loved the look on Triple Hs face when Cena came out before Mark Henry decked him.

I don't hate cena, but i don't like him, but that's just me.

i don't mind him returning but i can't believe he won the rumble. it really was a true shocker though, so WWE did have a "blanking out" moment. i thought it was someone pretending to be him cause he didn't show his face right away, but it was him.

like someone else said, i wish Kane won. he made it to the final 4 i think right? woulda been cool seeing kane go on and win wrestlemania for once.

oh well, maybe tension will build up though on raw and everyone will try to beat him up or something, or at least Triple H.

im just not ready for Cena to be champion

for some reason i can't help but think that the Elimination Chamber will have the WWE title on the line, and Triple H will win, hensing Triple H vs Cena and Wrestlemania again, and Triple H succeeding..idk, we'll see.

**starred**

They whine and cry way too much.

If these people hate Cena so much, they would just stop watching WWE and go outside and do something productive. He is a main-eventer, and he won the Royal Rumble....SO WHAT? It's not like Kennedy or any of the heel favorites had a chance, and the WWE at least surprised people with this return.

**starred**

wwe needs cena ???!!!

wwe needs cena out, cena has completley ruined the main event at wrestlemania, he will beat orton and we will be back to sh*t raws with the same old john cena segments making him out to be the best thing in the company. Us INTELLIGENT wrestling fans find it patronising that there making cena out to be this good, as he just isnt. He is only where he is because kids and girls love him and buy his stuff. He has made wrestlemania 24 predictable and ruined it in a massive way. Also how sorry do u feel for jeff hardy now, hes carried raw for awhile now and carried it well, now cenas back hardy will be back to a mid-carder-which is where cena belongs. Finally i dont dislike cena because i wanna be cool, i like faces such as michaels and taker and hhh.

• Kim

A chorus of angels sing Hallelujah!! Hallelujah!!!

I am so freaking glad he's back...they pulled a good one over on us. Had him out doing interviews saying he wouldn't be back till later on and bam...he wins the Rumble. Yah!!!

Ok, got that off my chest. As bad as people don't wanna admit it, WWE NEEDED him back. Even though peope say they hate him, they always watch to see what happens with him week in and week out. He's the face of WWE right now, so people are just gonna have to shut up and deal with it!!