tia asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 1 decade ago

what if you could have three eyes, what do you think life would be like?

Favorite Answer

Well it depends... is the eye located on your forehead or in the back of your head. I would say if it was in the back of your head that would be pretty sweet. You would never have to use your rear view mirror and you could see better in a fight. No one could knock you out from the back.

• Mark S

I would hope the third eye wasn't in too prominent a place. I try to fit in, and that would be a rather obvious difference.

Probably not what you were getting at, but still worth considering: We have two eyes to give us depth perception. A third eye on the front of the face/head would probably improve depth perception -- make things stand out from their background even more. If in some other location (palm of hand, tip of finger, top of head, back of head, etc.), there would be some other interesting abilities gained, and, of course hardships suffered. You don't get anything with just benefits; everything comes with difficulties/challenges.

I think opticians would be the happiest people and the richest on earth :-) Life would not change much, as if we only had one, life would not change a great deal, other than the above lucky folk who would be a lot more in demand.

Now the more esoteric amongst us say we have a third eye, but that another entire question.

It would depend on the location of the third eye.

• sucky if they were all on the front of my face. but if i had two normal looking eyes where they're supposed to be & one on the back of my head or something that nobody could see, it might be kinda cool because i could see what people behind me are doing. :D

It would probably be the same, we'd just all be uglier! Also depends where the 3rd eye was.

• bambam

Maybe with evolution the human race will all end up having one, it would definitely come in handy!!

You may be able to tune in to an unknown dimension.

no more back stabbing by anyone....fun i wld say....