nfl contract?

if you sign an nfl contract do you get the money all at once. Or month by month, year by year

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

month

actually they get paid by game

• There are different types of contracts. For instance there is ascending, descend, balanced, middle. Lets say you want to have a balanced contract, you will be paid the same every year for however long your on that team. But if you chose descending that means you make more one year compared to the next and the pay descends but averages out the same. Its partly player prefrences and I think the owners. For instance lets say a player makes 40mil for 4 years with bonuses set aside. He can chose to make 10mil a year over 4 years or say he can chose to make 20 mil one year and 6 mil a year for the remaining years.

• 1 decade ago

they get paid by a game. for EX. a player sign a contract for $ 4 million a year. then u take 4 million dollar and u divive it by 16 games

• Matt
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Matters on the contract.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Either month by month, or weekly, depending on the contract and the team.

• depends onthe specifics of the contract mos have a signing bonus with a certain amout paid each year

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I believe its pay ed by the game,I remember when Lawrence Taylor crashed his car on a road in NJ,and he left it there because he was of course drunk,and when the cops looked in the glove box for registration etc,they found several un cashed paychecks for $60,000 +,each.

• VGpugs
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

I think you get paid for each game played and separate clause for Injuries.

• 1 decade ago

you get the contract bonus then u get payed i think week by week

• 1 decade ago

there are alot of different contracts

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.