what is @hotmail.fr in a hotmail e-mail address?

is that an e-mail address or something else

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It denotes that the email address is based with Hotmail in France.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

I love that part too. I tell Hotmail I have lost my password or username and they send it to the other mailbox of which I cannot get into because I have no password. Definitely funny. And I can't set up a new one using the same username as"that username is already in use". Yeah by me but I cannot get in or I have change ISP. and it is still being sent to an old ISP mail account of which I have no access to. It is all hokey.

• 1 decade ago

It simply means that the user signed up for a Hotmail account from www.Hotmail.fr, which is the French-speaking version of Hotmail. www.Hotmail.ch is for Switzerland, and www.Hotmail.be for Belgium (to name other French-speaking countries).

You do not have to be from France to have a @hotmail.fr email account. In fact, you do not even have to be *in* france to open such an account.

In other words: anyone, anywhere, can open a localized hotmail account.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

The absolutely free reverse email lookup sites generally provide false information, they just want your email to send you spam. To get real information, money will have to be paid.

Also, stay away from shady reverse email lookup sites, most likely you won't get any information after you make the payment. Not to mention you won't get a report and you won't get an answer if you try to call for a refund. Stick with a reputable reverse phone lookup site like http://www.emailtracer.org/ that has been around since 1997.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 years ago

It could be hotmail address of someone in Quebec ...

• 1 decade ago

the @hotmail, means that the e-mail adress is based on a server in France.

• 4 years ago

Hotmail.fr

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Based in France. Most people outside of the US still have hotmail.com addresses, but some addresses are country specific, hotmail.it (Italy), etc...

• 6 years ago

Find all records on https://tr.im/eCkAU , access over 2 million public records

• ?
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

What an interesting question

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.