What I am asking is the Federal Income Tax for Federal employees or everyone?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The tax laws apply to all residents of the United States. If you live in Florida, you are a resident of the United States. If you live in California, you are resident of the United States. If you live in ANY of the fifty states or in one of the various territories, you are a resident of the United States.

Here are a few court cases for you.

"Petitioner’s assertion that he is not a person required to pay tax as he is not an officer, employee or elected official of the United States, a State, or any political subdivision thereof, or of a corporation, is wholly meritless."

United States v. Rice, 659 F.2d 524, 528 (5th Cir. 1981).

"...plaintiff’s claim that only public officials can be taxed is completely frivolous and without merit."

McAffee v. United States, 84 AFTR2d ¶99-5536(N.D.Ga. 1999) (sanctions imposed in the amount of $500 for filing a frivolous claim).

"The term ‘person’ under the Internal Revenue Code is not, as the Turners would have it, limited to a person employed by the federal government."

United States v. Turner, 86 AFTR2d ¸2000-5290, No. Civ. 99-00817 SOM/FIY (U.S.D.C. Hi. 3/10/2000).

• Steve
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Federal employees pay Federal Income Tax.

• 1 decade ago

Everyone. No one gets out of paying taxes. Just about every one in the United States now has to pay social security tax also. U.S. postal service employees did not have to pay until 1983. I can't think of a government agency that doesn't have to pay. To get out of it, you have to register with the IRS as a religious order. They can refuse you since you are applying {asking permission}.

• Judy
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

For everyone with income above a certain amount - the limit varies depending on age, marital status, whether you are a dependent, and source of income.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Everyone. or I should say, everyone who worked last year that was on a payroll.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.