Do Archangels Really Carry Swords?

Update:

Serious answers only, please.

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Most likely not.

In the Bible the sword is a symbolic representation of God's Word.

Ephesians 6:17

And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God;

Revelation 1:16

He had in His right hand seven stars, out of His mouth went a sharp two-edged sword, and His countenance was like the sun shining in its strength.

Revelation 2:16

Repent, or else I will come to you quickly and will fight against them with the sword of My mouth.

• 1 decade ago

Hi

Pl see this

The Arch-Angels

These are the two known archangels. I don’t create Lucifer an archangel because the Bible really isn’t clear on that. Gabriel is an assumption although a good one because he exhibits “arch angel type” behavior. It is Lucifer’s jealousy of Gabriel’s appointment to archangel that gets under his skin at the beginning of Book One.

Michael—the fiercely loyal, Braveheart-ish Commander of the Host. He is dedicated to upholding the Lord’s law in heaven and earth and is the first one to become suspicious of Lucifer’s activities. His sword is legend and whenever he is about to make a point with it, it gives off a bluish aura. Michael is greatly respected for his strength by all of the angels. Just his presence at one point quelled an outbreak between Lucifer’s angels and the others at the debate in the Academy of the Host.

Gabriel—recently archangel, he is also given the honor of being the Messenger of the Kingdom. He has a humble and humorous side—sometimes even playful—and is willing to give Lucifer the benefit of the doubt until more proof is uncovered. He makes frequent appearances to humans on the Lord’s business.

http://www.realarmorofgod.com/angels.html

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

In the Bible it says Jesus came to bring the sword not peace. I think this means, we should use the sword to slay the demons inside of us. Now, the sword could be a symbol of assist God in separate the righteous from the wicked figuratively, or left over weapons from God's battles with Lucifer and Lucifer's followers.

• 1 decade ago

in the old testament book of Daniel an angel talks about having been kept from speaking to Daniel for 21 days until the angel Michael came to fight in battle against a demonic atmospheric regime set up above Babylon where Daniel was at.

and in the new testament book of Revelation, it talks briefly about the angels fighting against demonic powers of the air.

the apostle Paul in the new testament, Ephesians, also talks about the devil being the prince of the powers of the air.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Hello, Valentina:

Michael is the Archangel, means "leader of the angels" and is found twice in the Bible

1) Jude 1:9 "Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The LORD rebuke thee."

2) 1 Thessalonians 4:16 For the LORD himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

4:17 Then we which are alive [and] remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the LORD."

A little more help with this word is found in Daniel's writing where Michael is always referred to a PRINCE:

Daniel 12:1

"And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great PRINCE which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation [even] to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book."

Now, let us put it all together. A PRINCE is the son of a king, and who is the Son of the King of the universe? None other than Jesus, our Savior. It is His voice that raises the dead. Let Jesus testify Himself:

John5:25 "Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the SON OF GOD: and they that hear shall live.

5:26 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the SON to have life in himself;

5:27 And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the SON OF MAN.

5:28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,

5:29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation."

So, you see, Valentina, Jesus is the one and only Archangel mentioned in the Bible. He is the Son of God, our Savior and Redeemer. It is with His voice that raises the dead, and will rule eternity here as the Unfallen Adam.

Yes, and it is the Sword of the Spirit, the Word of God that He will judge the nations with. Paul tells us in Hebrews 4:12

"For the word of God [is] quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and [is] a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart."

And God's Word is the standard with which we will be judged in righteousness.

Now, back to your original question about angels: Probably the verse you are refering to is Genesis 3:24 "So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life."

Yes, Valentina, Cherubims are a different "species" of angels, and one stood at the gate of eden.

That prevented sinners from being immortalized by the tree of life. And Noah and his descendants could see it there and know God will not tolerate sin. That is an important fact. As all those who were destroyed in the flood could see God's jucgments against sin. There WAS NOT ONE ATHEIST BEFORE THE FLOOD, and they were without excuse before God wor wilfully sinning.

Now you know that God does bear, you might say, a sword. Because He enforces His noble laws, and will "not acquit the guilty."

Thank God that we can see His complete nature in the person of Jesus. Although Jesus wipped the hypocrites out of church, yet He is might to save and show mercy to those who love Him and keep His commandments.

I would like you to read the first chapter of an on-line publication. It will strengthen your faith in Jesus, the Messiah, as well as explain God's plan to save this fallen planet. See www.abiblecode.com.

Shalom, peace in Jesus, Ben Yeshua

Source(s): P.S.: I considered your question serious, so that is why I took the time to explalin these truths to you.
  • 1 decade ago

There are two legendary swords that I know of

The Sword of Truth

The Sword of Sorrow.

As far as I know, Lucifer wields the Sword of Sorrow.

I do not know who wields the Sword of Truth.

In the Nether Realm, a weapon of such proportions takes on a very dangerous meaning.

• 1 decade ago

I don't know for sure? I recall the sword of Revelation but nothing else directly linked to Arch angels.

• 1 decade ago

No. Besides, there is only one archangel. His name is Michael.

• 1 decade ago

Now, how can you ask an absurd question about an inane fantasy and then expect a serious answer?

Okay, here's one: Angels don't exist, they don't carry swords because, for fear of being redundant, THEY DON'T EXIST.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Except the one that watches over Chuck Norris, he carries nunchucks.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.