What exactly does "exotic looking" mean anyway?

I mean, who is considered exotic and who isn't? Is it just a way of saying that the person is not white? Or not western? I got into a discussion with a friend about this. Some people seem to think that a person looks "exotic" if they have dark hair, or if they have an accent. Some think that black people are exotic, some don't. People throw that term around all of the time, what do they mean by it?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Exotic literally means "from another part of the world", so anyone who looks different from most people around them could be considered exotic-looking. I think it's usually meant as a compliment, but can also be pretty patronizing. People are people, after all.

• Erika
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Exotic Looking People

• R G
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Exotic looking means looks that are not usually found where you live. However, to certain people it may mean a certain culture to them. It all depends on what that individual defines as exotic, based on their own tastes or attractions.

• 1 decade ago

someone like me would be considered exotic in Korea or China.Or a white woman in parts of Mexico, ect

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Exotic's conotation is that of a person who has features opposite of classic or "everyday".

Your classic female look would be short nose, oval face, proportionately spaced everything with all the facial features.

Think: Opposite of classic.

Some examples:

Tyra Banks

Cate Blanchett

Uma Thurman

Penelope Cruz

Jane Seymour

Classic Examples:

Brittney Spears

Carrie Underwood

Hannah Montana

Cheers :)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

My first thoughts are someone with unique looks. Not necessarily the prettiest, just different. Maybe dark skinned, could be from Europe or just about anywhere.

• 1 decade ago

Off the top of my head; large, slightly oriental eyes, high/large cheek bones, darkish skin, slender, mysterious and close mouthed, somewhat heavy lips, hard to maintain past thirty-five or so, slinky (whatever that means!), long claw-like nails, slightly dangerous looking, love wizard, etc. I'm talking about women here, with the possible exception of Korla Pandit (turban wearing guy of early TV).

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

None European.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.