who have better graphics ps3 or 360 and why?
to really figure this out i rather facts than opinon
i think they both are equal exactally the same
- 1 decade agoFavorite Answer
They are equal let me explain why. The ps3 first
ps3specs * PowerPC-base Core @3.2GHz
* 1 VMX vector unit per core
* 512KB L2 cache
* 7 x SPE @3.2GHz
* 7 x 128b 128 SIMD GPRs
* 7 x 256KB SRAM for SPE
* * 1 of 8 SPEs reserved for redundancy total floating point performance: 218 GFLOPS
GPU: RSX @500MHz
* 1.8 TFLOPS floating point performance
* Full HD (up to 1080p) x 2 channels
* Multi-way programmable parallel floating point shader pipelines
Sound: Dolby 5.1ch, DTS, LPCM, etc. (Cell-base processing)
* 256MB XDR Main RAM @3.2GHz
* 256MB GDDR3 VRAM @700MHz
* Main RAM: 25.6GB/s
* VRAM: 22.4GB/s
* RSX: 20GB/s (write) + 15GB/s (read)
* SB: 2.5GB/s (write) + 2.5GB/s (read)
System Floating Point Performance: 2 TFLOPS
* Detachable 2.5” HDD slot x 1
* USB: Front x 4, Rear x 2 (USB2.0)
* Memory Stick: standard/Duo, PRO x 1
* SD: standard/mini x 1
* CompactFlash: (Type I, II) x 1
Communication: Ethernet (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T) x3 (input x 1 + output x 2)
Wi-Fi: IEEE 802.11 b/g
Bluetooth: Bluetooth 2.0 (EDR)
* Bluetooth (up to 7)
* USB2.0 (wired)
* Wi-Fi (PSP®)
* Network (over IP)
* Screen size: 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p
* HDMI: HDMI out x 2
* Analog: AV MULTI OUT x 1
* Digital audio: DIGITAL OUT (OPTICAL) x 1
CD Disc media (read only):
* PlayStation CD-ROM
* PlayStation 2 CD-ROM
* CD-DA (ROM), CD-R, CD-RW
* SACD Hybrid (CD layer), SACD HD
* DualDisc (audio side), DualDisc (DVD side)
DVD Disc media (read only):
* PlayStation 2 DVD-ROM
* PLAYSTATION 3 DVD-ROM
* DVD-Video: DVD-ROM, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW
Blu-ray Disc media (read only):
* PLAYSTATION 3 BD-ROM
* BD-Video: BD-ROM, BD-R, BD-RE
Custom IBM PowerPC-based CPU
* 3 symmetrical cores running at 3.2 GHz each
* 2 hardware threads per core; 6 hardware threads total
* 1 VMX-128 vector unit per core; 3 total
* 128 VMX-128 registers per hardware thread
* 1 MB L2 cache
CPU Game Math Performance
* 9 billion dot product operations per second
Custom ATI Graphics Processor
* 500 MHz
* 10 MB embedded DRAM
* 48-way parallel floating-point dynamically-scheduled shader pipelines
* Unified shader architecture
* 500 million triangles per second
Pixel Fill Rate
* 16 gigasamples per second fillrate using 4X MSAA
* 48 billion shader operations per second
* 512 MB GDDR3 RAM
* 700 MHz DDR
* Unified memory architecture
* 22.4 GB/s memory interface bus bandwidth
* 256 GB/s memory bandwidth to EDRAM
* 21.6 GB/s front-side bus
Overall System Floating-Point Performance
* 1 TFLOP
* Detachable and upgradeable 20 GB hard drive
* 12X dual-layer DVD-ROM
* Memory unit support starting at 64 MB
* Support for up to 4 wireless game controllers
* 3 USB 2.0 ports
* 2 memory unit slots
Optimized for Online
* Instant, out-of-the-box access to Xbox Live features, including Xbox Live Marketplace for downloadable content, Gamer Profile for digital identity and voice chat to talk to friends while playing games, watching movies or listening to music
* Built in Ethernet Port
* Wi-Fi Ready: 802.11 A, B and G
* Video Camera Ready
Digital Media Support
* Support for DVD-Video, DVD-ROM, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, CD-DA, CD-ROM, CD-R, CD-RW, WMA CD, MP3 CD, JPEG Photo CD
* Stream media from portable music devices, digital cameras, Windows XP PCs
* Rip music to Xbox 360 hard drive
* Custom playlists in every game
* Windows Media Center Extender built in
* Interactive, full screen 3D visualizers
HD Game Support
* All games supported at 16:9, 720p and 1080i, anti-aliasing
* Standard definition and high definition video output supported
* Multichannel surround sound output
* Supports 48 KHz 16-bit audio
* 320 independent decompression channels
* 32-bit audio processing
* Over 256 audio channels
Alright here are the specs. K the ps3 is theoretically on paper more powerful than the 360 but that is not the case. The ps3 has a better cpu but that is about all. The 360s graphics card is better and so is its ram. It uses more ram because the ram is shared while the ps3s ram is set to one thing. Alright so this means the ps3 has many bottlenecks making it not as powerful as it theoretically should be. This means that they are about equal and if one is more powerful it is more powerful by the slightest. The ps3 basically is faster and produces better physics/AI while the xbox 360 produces better graphics in general. Graphics don't determine how good a console anyway. I would rather have seen the nes be created than the ps3 because it has more games and imp the best console at the time period.
To funky fresh man The 360 produces 1080 i and p just like the ps3 does. Idk where you got the info that it doesn't but you are wrong. Research more before you answer.
Oh i also forgot to mention how the ps3 is harder to develop for which also contributes to how it doesn't produce the graphics it should.The xbox 360s processor also has more cache. If you're looking for graphics buy a gaming pc and crysis.
- vanduyneLv 43 years ago
The graphics on multiplatform video games are highly even. notwithstanding, unique PS3 video games look way more beneficial appropriate than unique 360 video games. Examples, metallic equipment sturdy 4, Killzone 2 and three, Uncharted 2, God of warfare III, Motorstorm Apocalypse, Gran Turismo 5, and larger. also the PS3 has blu ray discs. The disc area is 5 cases as a lot because the 360's disc area so more beneficial can pass the game which permits the more beneficial appropriate graphics. yet even as a corporation makes a pastime for the PS3 and X field 360, they are constrained to the gap on the 360 disc for the ps3 besides provided that they arent going to make 2 variations for an similar pastime.
- 1 decade ago
whoa!!! the guy above me knows how to copy and paste. but not all he has said is true....
the 360 doesn't have better ram/video card. they are completely different, incomparable. Like apples and oranges.
and yes the ps3 is harder to develop for but the more advanced the system the harder it is do develop for!!!
nowadays someone can make a supernintendo game with some simple clicks but back when it was first made it was a lot harder. So yes its harder to develop on. It should be.
(not to mention)
Developers make more money bc they can easily develop games for the 360.
but just like he said games aren't all about graphics and if that's all you want get a good pc.
And one thing that is never really talked about is that the ps3 is a certified media center. It is certified to use more codecs like divx and true td surround sound. SOOOOOO developers can use these codecs in making their games as to where the 360 cant.
They both have their pros and cons.
- funky fresh manLv 51 decade ago
ps3 has way better graphics.
well the main reason and pretty much the only reason is because it gives out 1080i while the 360 only gives out 720.
so the picture is way better on the ps3.