Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

What was the mission of Jesus?

Qur'an denies the Trinity and the Son ship of Jesus, what was the real mission of Jesus according to the Qur'an?

Favorite Answer

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY.

the Qur'anic view is as follows:

Jesus was a link in a long chain of prophets and messengers sent by God to various societies and nations whenever they needed guidance or deviated from the teachings of God. Jesus was especially prepared by God to be sent to the Jews who had deviated from the teachings of Moses and other Messengers. As he was miraculously supported by God in conception, birth and childhood, he was also supported by numerous miracles to prove that he was a messenger from God. However, the majority of the Jews rejected his ministry. The Qur'an tells us about Jesus' mission in the following verses which are a continuation of the verses quoted earlier in which the glad tiding was brought to Mary:

And He will teach him the Book, the wisdom, the Torah, the Gospel and make him a Messenger to the children of Israel saying, “I have come to you with a sign from your Lord. I will create for you out of clay as the likeness of a bird; then I will breathe into It, and it will be a bird, by the power of God. I will also heal the blind and the leper and bring to life the dead, by the power of God. I will inform you too of the things you eat, and what you treasure up in your houses. Surely in that is a sign for you if you are believers. Likewise I will confirm the truth of the Torah that is before me, and to make lawful to you certain things that before were forbidden unto you. I have come to you with a sign from your Lord; so fear God, and obey me. Surely God is my Lord and your Lord; so serve Him. This is a straight path". (3:45-51)

In another verse of the Qur’an, Jesus confirmed the validity of the Torah which was revealed to Moses and he also brought the glad tidings of the coming of a final messenger after him. This is clearly indicated in the following verse:

And when Jesus son of Mary said. 'children of Israel. I am indeed the Messenger to you, confirming the Torah that is before me, and giving good tidings of a Messenger who shall come after me, whose name shall be the praised one (note that this is translation of Ahmad which is Prophet Muhammad’s name). (61:6)

The messenger of whom Jesus gave glad tidings is referred to in both the old and new testaments of the Bible. The old testament contains several prophecies that apply only to the Prophet Muhammad. I quote only one of those which applies to none except Prophet Muhammad. This prophecy which was addressed to Moses said that God will send among the 'brethren' of the Israelites, a prophet like Moses who will be a founder, a leader, and an exemplar of a community of believers. We read this in the following verses of Deut. Ch. 18:

I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their brethren; and I will put My words in his mouth, and he shall speak to them all that I command him. And whoever will not give heed to My words which he shall speak in My name, I Myself will require it of him. (Deut. 18:18-20)

Any one who is familiar with Prophet Muhammad's life, can easily see that no one fits the above description better than Prophet Muhammad. It was Prophet Muhammad, not Jesus, who like Moses was born from ordinary parents, got married, founded a faithful community, established a great law and died a natural death.

Careful study of the New Testament shows that this same prophet is referred to by Jesus in John 14:16,17:

And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Counselor, to be with you for ever, even the Spirit of truth.

Later in John specific description of this Spirit of Truth and his role is given as we read in John 16:13,14.:

When the Spirit of Truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak and he will declare to you the things that are to come. He will glorify Me...

The terms of the prophecy do not warrant the conclusion usually attributed to this prophecy, namely that it refers to the Holy Ghost. The Holy Ghost explanation is excluded by a previous verse in John which reads:

Nevertheless I tell you the truth: it is to your advantages that I go away, for if I do not go away, the counselor will not come to you.

It is clear from the Bible that the Holy Ghost used to visit men before and during the life-time of Jesus. John was filled with the Holy Ghost before he was born and Jesus himself received the Holy Ghost in the shape of a dove.

The characteristics of this counselor, as can be derived from the prophecy,

are the following:

1. He will not come until Jesus leaves.

2. He will stay forever, with the believers.

3. He will glorify Jesus.

4. He will speak what he hears from God.

These characteristics are applicable only to Prophet Muhammad, as the

following brief remarks show:

1. Prophet Muhammad was the only messenger that came after Jesus. There

was a period of six centuries between them. Jesus' mission was limited to

the "lost sheep of the children of Israel”, but Muhammad's was a universal message. This explains the second characteristic.

2. Only Prophet Muhammad's message was intended by God to be a universal and everlasting message. This agrees with the statement that the counselor will stay forever with the faithful.

3. No other prophet glorified Jesus as much as Prophet Muhammad did. The Jews called him an impostor and accused his mother of immorality. They tried to crucify him. Prophet Muhammad considered Jesus as great Prophet and the “Word of God". The Qur'an attributed to him miracles that are not mentioned in the Bible. Mary is considered the most chaste woman and the best of all women in paradise. Thus did Muhammad really glorify Jesus.

4. The fourth characteristic also applies neatly to Prophet Muhammad. The Qur’an was revealed to Prophet Muhammad through the angel Gabriel. When the angel finished reciting the Qur’an, Prophet Muhammad used to convey verbatim to his companions what he heard from the angel without adding, changing or forgetting anything. The Qur'an also describes Prophet Muhammad saying “He does not speak out of his own fancy. He utters what is revealed to him." (53:4,5). If we compare this with, "He will not speak on his own authority", we see the striking similarity between the characteristics of the counselor and those of Prophet Muhammad. These and other prophecies in the old and new testaments predict in unequivocal terms the advent of Prophet Muhammad who is rejected by the Jews and Christians on the basis of misunderstanding and bias rather than on the basis of careful study of the Bible, the Qur'an and modern findings in the field of comparative religion.

Allah Knows the best..

God Bless

I don't think you will find the real mission of Jesus in the Qur'an, as this books gives a totally different perspective of who Jesus really is. This book was authored by a man who claimed to be the last prophet.

The real mission of Jesus was the redemption of mankind regardless of any race and creed. It is up to the people to choose to believe or not to believe.

Jesus' mission was to take the sins of this world away by His baptism and blood on the Cross, thereby reconciling man and God (John 1:29). He did this also so that man can become sinless and righteous in His sight so that he can enter the kingdom of heaven, for no sinner will be allowed there (Matt 7:22).

while the Gospels have been written, the "loss of life on the go" bit got here first, and the climate approximately traveling from one city to a distinctive became no longer written till a minimum of 50 years later. The Jesus character, as conceived via Saul of Tarsis, became initially a non secular sacrifice of a messianic discern, ensuing in non secular salvation throughout the time of a era the place Judea became being overwhelmed via the Romans. the small print of Jesus' existence previous to the Easter week tale have been (in part) crammed in via later authors.

Well, I'm not Muslim. But Jesus is the Messiah. He makes up the trinity, consisting of God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. The Quran is full of lies written by a false prophet.

Source(s): The Bible

To reconcile men and women back to God. Christ Jesus has already done that, through his finished work on the cross. His death, burial, and resurrection. The shedding of his blood. Without his blood there would be no remission for sin. Adam was given authority over everything but gave it away. Our savior Jesus came in the likeness of sinful flesh, who knew know sin condemned sin in the flesh, he gave us back our rightful place with God. He came to show us who we are and what we are to do. We are in authority. His kingdom is never ending. God s mercy and his grace in the person of our savior, Jesus is never ending. We have to know that people that read the Qur an & other books are going to say things that are not true. They will quote scriptures, but they give a lot of credit to Muhammad & mother Mary. Jesus did have a earthly mother, Mary, the angel Gabriel sent by God told her she would have a baby Lk 1:31, He told her the baby was of the Holy Ghost (read the whole chapter) that how he was able to come in the flesh. Mt 1:18, 23: He couldn t have an earthly father because the Blood which is the life of the body and the bones, had to be sinless. The baby, Jesus, Emanuel being interpreted is God with us, was of the Holy Ghost.. This man Muhammad may have founded a few things but God created the world. In the beginning was the Word, Jesus, and the Word was with God and the Word was God. All things were made by him & without him was not anything made that was made. John 1: 1, 3. He is the Word, he became Jesus when he came in the flesh like us. U have to pray for people that God open their spiritual understanding to receive the truth & rebuke the influence of confusion & rebellion the enemy uses to blind people with. The Holy Ghost testifies of Jesus our savior. No other name in heaven or earth is recognized but the name of Jesus. The whole bible is based on Jesus. We that receive him are his children. For God so love the world that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believeth on shall not perish but have everlasting life with him. Life is everlasting but where will you chose to spend it.. You believe with your heart and repent with your mouth. As you speak, God s anointing through the Holy Ghost in the body of Christ destroys yokes of unbelief. Let the word do its work. Pray for their soul, (their will) and their spirit.

God s daughter.

According to the Qur'an, his mission was to be a prophet of God, just like Mohammed and Moses.

• Lynn C

Jesus came in the flesh as 100% God, and 100% Man, to teach us and guide us, Jesus came to save us, since we are all sinners and unable to save ourselves, Jesus Christ went to the cross, as a final sacrifice in our place, so that we could come to Jesus, and confess our sins, and want to change our lives, want to repent, and ask for forgiveness, you have to be willing to go to the cross with Jesus, in other words die to your old ways, old self thinking.

The Qur-an reads like a how-to manual for making war on your neighbor. Religion of peace and all, untill you don't agree to become one of them. Then it's jihadin' time.

Not to belittle all muslims either... as a group, though, they're awful slow to police their more excitable brethren.

apart 4rm d Qur'an, d mission of JESUS was to cleanse all humanity 4rm sin and 2 reconcile us with GOD.

Source(s): THE BIBLE

I don't know anything except the Bible. Jesus came, not to destroy nor condemn , but thru Him we might be saved. .